Groups

seat belt buckle webbing shortening

We have a car that has long webbing in it.

We are unable to afford a new car or secand hand car

We are stuggling to find a seat that will fit out child who is now 3 years 7 months for when she hits the maximum weight of her current seat.

We have a Demio from Mazda, i have tried emailing mazda but they dont reply....

Has any one got any advice

13 Comments

can u get a isofix base. or a autobase (graco). u will need a compatible chair with it though and need to make sure ur car has isofix points.

Original Poster

we had a look for iso fix points but it dont have them.

I go a funny hook on the back of the chair with a fabric strap that hooks on to its self in the book on the back of the left hand side, not sure what this is for.

Edited by: "jazferbetay" 29th Aug 2010

Halfords and Mothercare fit seats for free. May be worth popping in to ask.

Original Poster

i did ask but the woman said try some of the fit finders and none of the ones that use the 3 point harness would fit she said as the webbing on the buckle when the belt is pulled tight moves across and gets longer

I don't understand the problem? Are you saying the issue is that your seatbelts are too long?

Banned

the description reminds me of DLM's infamous one line per sentence format.
    Edited by: "ryman1000" 29th Aug 2010

Original Poster

this bit the webbing is to long when the belt gets tightened

http://www.securon.co.uk/seatbelts_layouts.htm

basically causes buckle crunch with nearly all seats we have the britax fist class si i think it is, but the it wont be long before she will be out of the seat sooon,

EXAMPLE OF LONG WEBBING

http://www.securon.co.uk/images/500.jpg

Edited by: "jazferbetay" 29th Aug 2010

I am a little confused by this but at her age can you not use a booster type seat. As long as she is 15 kg she can have a booster.Surely any type of belt will fit these. I would pop to a Mazda garage if they are not emailing back.

Original Poster

she keeps on stiking her arms in and out of of the seat

She will stop after a short time. Just stop the car everytime she does. Get one with a back on much safer. Or try one of the 1,2,3 ones which have a harness and then can be a booster. Not sure how compatible they are with your seatbelt though

I think the britax first class si is suitible until aprox 4 yrs old - so will it not be a group 2 booster seat your looking for now?

Banned

Another retardigan thread
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…45
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      3. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE22
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions