Seat protectors for child car seat and dash cam recommendations

Posted 5th Dec 2019
New car due for collection soon. I have a 4 year old who sits in a booster seat. In current car this has caused lots of indentation in the upholstery (not sure if it would go away if left for a few weeks). To prevent this I've looked and seen lots of car seat protectors online - but hard to spot good from the bad as they are all makes you've never heard of and have hundreds of reviews each on Amazon. I've seen some complaints that material is too thin or similar.

Anyone used one for a prolonged periods that has protected successfully and can recommend it?

Additionally, contemplating buying a dashcam for peace of mind re: insurance if I was unfortunate enough to have a crash (not had one since 2014 touch wood).

Again any recommendations?

I gather typical approach is a suction cup mounted one behind the rear review mirror and you trail cable around the edge of the windscreen, down the passenger footwell, under mats, into USB/12v adapter. Is this the only way to install? Seems messy
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I know there’s a way to hard wire dashcams, and there’s lots of lots on amazon. But I don’t know how easy they are.
I had a roav c2 and it’s packed up in 12 days so I wouldn’t recommend those. I’m also looking for recommendations.
Remember a dash cam can video more than just crashes, but also crimes and dangerous driving which you can report. Also crashes involving other people can be recorded.
Re car seat, we got a cossato zoomi, and the leather seats in my car have been fine. The car seat I had before had left marks so that’s why I got the zoomi as my next one when toddler grew out of other one.
Edited by: "choccie32" 5th Dec 2019
My nextbase 412gw hardwired along the trim and into my fuse box at the side of dashboard on my golf
Blackvue hardwired - its compact and recording also save to cloud.
samosa05/12/2019 12:10

Blackvue hardwired - its compact and recording also save to cloud.

sounds good but a very pricey brand!

Budget would be more around £50 max
choccie3205/12/2019 11:58

I know there’s a way to hard wire dashcams, and there’s lots of lots on ama …I know there’s a way to hard wire dashcams, and there’s lots of lots on amazon. But I don’t know how easy they are. I had a roav c2 and it’s packed up in 12 days so I wouldn’t recommend those. I’m also looking for recommendations. Remember a dash cam can video more than just crashes, but also crimes and dangerous driving which you can report. Also crashes involving other people can be recorded. Re car seat, we got a cossato zoomi, and the leather seats in my car have been fine. The car seat I had before had left marks so that’s why I got the zoomi as my next one when toddler grew out of other one.

I looked up the Zoomi seat, it looks great. So does the padding on it also cover the bottom? I can't see otherwise how it wouldn't make dents. The pictures of the front of it make it look very comfy all the padding
Cameron9205/12/2019 15:18

I looked up the Zoomi seat, it looks great. So does the padding on it also …I looked up the Zoomi seat, it looks great. So does the padding on it also cover the bottom? I can't see otherwise how it wouldn't make dents. The pictures of the front of it make it look very comfy all the padding

The pattern goes underneath and the actual base is not that hard plastic so I think that’s why it’s better for the seats under it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions