Second hand gaming pc

Found 12th Dec 2012
Found this on ebay for £400 with a 3d 20" screen, £300 without it (already have a 40" samsung) Is it worth it? Will be wanting it for battlefield 3

selling my top spec gaming pc with 20" samsung 3D Monitor

Motherboard GA-M57sli-s4 rev. 2

4 gig ram

amd core duo 2.9 gig 64 bit

2x 460 gtx with one gig of ram each in sli mod

blue ray disk drive

150 gig hard drive

3d vision glasses and amitter

selling due to laptop upgrade

There is no OS with this setup.

Keyboard and mouse included
Community Updates
MiscPC
13 Comments
You won't be playing BF3 on that. Well you could but there would be no point, you'll have terrible FPS.
Underwhelming / aging build, increase your budget slightly and build your own, You can build something quite impressive for about £500 to £600.
Edited by: "theworkingdead" 12th Dec 2012
kalel786

You won't be playing BF3 on that. Well you could but there would be no … You won't be playing BF3 on that. Well you could but there would be no point, you'll have terrible FPS.

Thanks, how much will it cost me to play bf3? Would prefer second hand as it'll obviously be cheaper than new. Max is like £400
Not for that money!

Dual core and 4 gb of RAM!
My steam library wont fit on that harddrive either.

The only half decent things in there are the graphics cards and blu ray drive.

as said, avoid.
Would it be possible to buy a second hand pc for under £400 without a screen that would run bf3 well?
Amazon Link

I was about to list a pile of componant prices for you but at a quick look this is better than your ebay deal

Graphics card isn't great but it does leave you money left over to buy a better one.

Edited by: "sparx1981" 12th Dec 2012
sparx1981

You could probably build one. do you have any parts at all?I would … You could probably build one. do you have any parts at all?I would imagine rough costs could be as follows;Motherboard - £80graphics card - £100case - £30Chip - £100Sound - onboard from motherboarddvd drive - £15power - £40Hard drive £50

that's i3 + HD7770 which is just about the minimum for demanding game like BF3

+ you're missing RAM, PSU
You have a choice, up your budget, or reduce your expectation.
Well I have this pc - amazon.co.uk/Pre…JEI and a zoostorm one in my bedroom. Most likely wouldn't be able to take anything off either
JakePNEFC

Well I have this pc - … Well I have this pc - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Presario-CQ5231UK-m-Desktop-CQ1859s-Processor/dp/B002RL9JEI and a zoostorm one in my bedroom. Most likely wouldn't be able to take anything off either

why? you might reuse the HDD and ODD from zoostorm, if there is one, no problem.
kunyk

why? you might reuse the HDD and ODD from zoostorm, if there is one, no … why? you might reuse the HDD and ODD from zoostorm, if there is one, no problem.

how much money will that take off? dont know anything in terms of what I need etc
JakePNEFC

how much money will that take off? dont know anything in terms of what I … how much money will that take off? dont know anything in terms of what I need etc

about £35 for HDD and about £12 for ODD, not much, but helps.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants