Second PS4 for my daughter

Posted 18th Jun
I have recently bought my daughter her own PS4 and wondered how we could use my screen name to download my games onto her PS4 and maybe give her her own screen name somehow,how do I go about this anyone know?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

7 Comments
You can set up a kids account under your account. Be careful when using her actual date of birth, I have done this for my son, he is 11 and plays Fortnite with his mates but has to do it under my PS account because I set his date of birth correct and he is to you. There is also a problem with Plants V Zombies which according to the game certificate he is old enough to play but the EA Games server won't let him because he is to young, again has to play on my account. My brother has set his sons account up but used the same date of birth as his to overcome these problems.

If you login into her PS4 you should be able to download them onto her machine and then she can use them. All games appear on both my and my sons account.
On her PS4, sign into your account and make that PS4 the primary console (while signed into your account)
You will be prompted that option when you sign into your account
You can then download the games from the playstation store from your account and then create your daughter her account which she can play those games on

Then on your PS4, you can play games like normal on your account and this will be classed as the secondary PS4.
Ok thanks one more question could I not then revert my PS4 to the primary console afterwards and carry on as normal?
I’ve heard that saves and updates etc won’t sync if mine is not the primary console
Edited by: "paul.williamsA4v" 18th Jun
paul.williamsA4v18/06/2020 20:53

Ok thanks one more question could I not then revert my PS4 to the primary …Ok thanks one more question could I not then revert my PS4 to the primary console afterwards and carry on as normal?

You can but your daughter will then no longer be able to play your games on her account
Oh ok great stuff thanks for the help
I tried to sort this earlier I’m really stuck I made her a name but when I start say Minecraft it kicks her off
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants