Groups

Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition Coming To XBLA !!!

gamerbytes.com/200…php

We can only pray this opens the door for remakes of sam n max, day of the tentacle, etc etc

Finally Lucasarts doing something people actually want !!!

27 Comments

Interesting. Monkey Island is brilliant

best news ever (although 2 was my favourite)

Yay, monkey island! Guybrush Threepwood

I still remember the Settings screen and the "3D option" when you used to click on this to enable the 3D Guybrush would say to you. "Yes it would be nice, or you wish" or something like that, it was hillarious.

Days of Tentancles was amazing as well

loved all the monkey island games, although the last one was a bit ropey and not as funny,
    still chuckle at the possible dialogue options you could use, 'where do babies come from' being a most inappropriate response to one situation.

Original Poster

lets hope they rerelease grim fandango as well !

iNSOMANiAC;5270931

lets hope they rerelease grim fandango as well !

i still got a sealed copy of that for the PC, i have never gotten around to playin it...

Hmmm, pretty overhyped game belonging to a more or less dead genre...

Yes, I still hold a grudge against them for not releasing the series on the Atari ST.

grex9101;5270979

Hmmm, pretty overhyped game belonging to a more or less dead genre...Yes, … Hmmm, pretty overhyped game belonging to a more or less dead genre...Yes, I still hold a grudge against them for not releasing the series on the Atari ST.

amiga was so much better than the ST

**retro fanboy speak**

lol

Day of the tentical = Best Game Ever!

Original Poster

JasonMason;5271070

amiga was so much better than the ST**retro fanboy speak**lol

Dont even bother with the 'they did a bit of bablyon 5 on an Amiga' talk, the atari 520 stE was superior in many ways, not least because I owned one.

Why would you want to play on xbox when its easy on PC?

iNSOMANiAC;5271225

Dont even bother with the 'they did a bit of bablyon 5 on an Amiga' talk, … Dont even bother with the 'they did a bit of bablyon 5 on an Amiga' talk, the atari 520 stE was superior in many ways, not least because I owned one.

i was the proud owner of an Amiga 1200 (with external floppy disc drive;-))
    Loved it,
    My mates ST always used to break down (once found him using it to prop a door open!:whistling:)

iNSOMANiAC;5271225

Dont even bother with the 'they did a bit of bablyon 5 on an Amiga' talk, … Dont even bother with the 'they did a bit of bablyon 5 on an Amiga' talk, the atari 520 stE was superior in many ways, not least because I owned one.

+1

Atari ST FTW...

Mine was upgraded to 4mb, FOUR MEGABYTES!!!

wow, just wow :-D

Did the atari ever have ]this, oh how I loved my a500, then 1200

Paddy_o_furniture;5271863

Did the atari ever have ]this, oh how I loved my a500, then 1200

We had far better demos than that.

The Lost Boys ftw

and who can forget Unlimited Matricks....:thumbsup:

Ah yes, fond memories of the Amiga 1200

The Amiga could have been an Atari product if Jack Tramiel hadn't tried to be such a greedy ******.

Unless you were into music production the Amiga will always be head and shoulders above the ST.

At last the 360 gets the cutting edge game it deserves.......:giggle:........In all serious though this could be the most exciting 360 announcement ever, Monkey Island is one of my fav games of all time.

Oh and guys, sorry but seriously the Amiga wiped the floor with the ST for everything but sound, fact!

"Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!", "How appropriate, you fight like a cow",

Cant wait, wonder what if anything they will add to it?

Original Poster

it gets better, theres a whole new monkey island coming to pc and wii ! eurogamer.net/art…and

iNSOMANiAC;5373640

it gets better, theres a whole new monkey island coming to pc and wii ! … it gets better, theres a whole new monkey island coming to pc and wii ! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-new-telltale-series-is-monkey-island

Episodic, made by Telltale and none of the original staff (i.e. the all important Tim Schafer), sounds **** to me!

Original Poster

megalomaniac;5373875

Episodic, made by Telltale and none of the original staff (i.e. the all … Episodic, made by Telltale and none of the original staff (i.e. the all important Tim Schafer), sounds **** to me!

The sam and max episodes arent that bad, its better than nowt as they say !

iNSOMANiAC;5374576

arent that bad

Said it all right there :thumbsup:, they're not that good either. Certainly can't hold a candle to the original. I just feel if that is the best they can do then they may as well not bother, it's obviously cashing in on nostalgia rather than actually trying to create something which stands up to the original.

Original Poster

megalomaniac;5376238

Said it all right there :thumbsup:, they're not that good either. … Said it all right there :thumbsup:, they're not that good either. Certainly can't hold a candle to the original. I just feel if that is the best they can do then they may as well not bother, it's obviously cashing in on nostalgia rather than actually trying to create something which stands up to the original.

Maybe your rose tinted glasses are just a bit steamed up, gameplay wise the new episodes are superior to the old ones, the writing isnt quite as sharp but you never know, season 2 might just perfect it !

iNSOMANiAC;5390221

Maybe your rose tinted glasses are just a bit steamed up, gameplay wise … Maybe your rose tinted glasses are just a bit steamed up, gameplay wise the new episodes are superior to the old ones, the writing isnt quite as sharp but you never know, season 2 might just perfect it !

With games like that it's the writing that makes or breaks them, the interface isn't so important imho.

Wow never heard of any of the games in OP. Lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…3078
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356
      3. 24 studio order number 0844 800 11 22119
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2698

See more discussions