Secure shredding service

Found 8th Jan
I have a bundle of papers that requires secure shredding - anyone know of any services in the Maidenhead or London area that offer this service?

What I'm after is somewhere where I can take the bundle (around 2 reams thick) and have it shredded in front of me.

Not interested in shredding services where they take your papers away, would rather get it all done and shredded while you wait.

thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

It's not cheap and not worth it for just that amount. Put a bin liner in a bucket and place paper in with hot water. It will go to mush with a stir over night. Lift out and put a hole in bag to drain off. When your satisfied the sludge is unreadable bin it... Or phone the local mobile shredding service but it's stupid money. Try a few first to see how it goes.. Worked for me

Burn it.

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING

Some can float away if you burn it. Also dangerous as can flash up. Plus it and you will smell of fire..

Or just buy a shredder and do it your self

I don't think shredding is that great. Digital camera and instantly it's put together again.. I watch the TV crime dramas.. Lol

Shredder from Argos (or similar ) for £15 -£20 - take you less than an hour for a couple of reams . Then if you are still not happy do the papier mache thing with the shredded evidence .
Edited by: "rogparki" 8th Jan

as said already, just burn the damn thing!

or buy a shredder, which won't cost much. secure shredding are mainly for organisations who use it regularly so will not be suitable to you and will be very costly.

wayners42 m ago

Some can float away if you burn it. Also dangerous as can flash up. Plus …Some can float away if you burn it. Also dangerous as can flash up. Plus it and you will smell of fire..

Not hard to burn something that doesn't float away. Either create a small bonfire, or use an old BBQ or similar.

@ipswich78 Took a few bags of wallpaper to my gramps allotment. First lot went up in a flash burnt so hot I stepped back and the grass took hold as fire spread. I managed to put with hose but frightened me. Never again will I burn paper
Edited by: "wayners" 8th Jan

What have you found on Google so far?

I'd burn it, too. Get a cheap incinerator bin from b and m's and burn your stuff with the lid on. Nothing will float away.

If you know anyone trustworthy that works in an office it might be easier to get them to shred it at work for you

wayners5 h, 7 m ago

I don't think shredding is that great. Digital camera and instantly it's …I don't think shredding is that great. Digital camera and instantly it's put together again.. I watch the TV crime dramas.. Lol

A cross cut shredder is much more secure. As already mentioned, if you don't live in a flat burn it in an incinerator, cost £20. In fact I consider burning stuff in an incinerator quite therapeutic.

wayners12 h, 24 m ago

@ipswich78 Took a few bags of wallpaper to my gramps allotment. First lot …@ipswich78 Took a few bags of wallpaper to my gramps allotment. First lot went up in a flash burnt so hot I stepped back and the grass took hold as fire spread. I managed to put with hose but frightened me. Never again will I burn paper

Sounds like you should be kept away from fire. Remember children shouldn’t have access to matches unsupervised. Don’t forget to look both ways when crossing the road as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text