Security camera

Found 4th Mar
Hi if anyone could give me some advice. I have a Dlink camera I have it by my window it works fine duringthe day but when I put night mode on the light reflect from the camera onto the window glass and I can’t see anything is there anything I can do? Or any recommendations of a security camera I can use? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
14 Comments
Put it at the other side of the glass.
Try mopving the camera right up against the glass - its the ir reflections that hit the sensor that cause it - you could always paint the glass with mylar anti reflective coating!
I want to be able to use it inside. If I can’t use this one. Is there any recommendations of a camera I can use that will work when the night mode is on?
Pluto20187 m ago

I want to be able to use it inside. If I can’t use this one. Is there any r …I want to be able to use it inside. If I can’t use this one. Is there any recommendations of a camera I can use that will work when the night mode is on?

Try a good quality car dashcam.
Thank you for the advice
Turn off IR, install IR security lights outside.
We had a tenvis one where you couldnt switch the IR off so I just put insulating tape over the IR's, then I managed to break the power jack so dismantled it to solder power direct to the board, it turned out the IR's was connected to main board by a simple plug so I just pulled the plug and it was fine.

Another reason I dont like IR's is that if someone suspects a camera thats not visible with the naked eye that looking on the phone screen using your mobiles camera they glow like a beacon.
Edited by: "harlzter" 4th Mar
Harlzter sorry I’m new to all this. If I put the tape over the IR would I be able to see what is happening in the dark? I checked the settings and it won’t let me turn the IR off.
Harlzter that’s really interesting regarding a camera not visible.
Open it, disconnect the IR LED's and put an IR spotlight outside as mentioned above is the best option if you want to keep your current camera.
Dcx_badass putting spotlights up is not a option for me. I don’t mind buying a new camera if there’s any recommendations
The best result will be to use a decent dash cam, they are designed to record through glass.
I am in the same boat. I bought a cheap ip camera for £7 ish and i wanted to record my car. On a night the motion sensors click then i get a clear view otherwise its all reflection from the window
St8mike thank you for your advice. With a dash cam will I be able to see what’s going on with my iPad? Can I store recordings on a memory card. Will it be recording the whole time? Sorry for all the questions.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants