Security Camera

Found 3rd Jul
I am looking at options for security cameras, preferably I would like a wire free camera but they are motion based and I am unsure if they will capture motion effectively. I would spend £400 max and I am unsure which cameras are good.
Community Updates
12 Comments
I would recommending avoiding Swann systems. The most reliable I’ve come across is either Hikvision or Dahua.

Hikvision do some wireless cameras but they take some configuration to set up. Whereas a cable would just display them without issues.

Both recorders support motion detection which can be configured through the recorder.

There’s a lot of factors to take in with CCTV such as resolution, storage time, how many channels, features etc.
Vencurse12 m ago

I would recommending avoiding Swann systems. The most reliable I’ve come a …I would recommending avoiding Swann systems. The most reliable I’ve come across is either Hikvision or Dahua. Hikvision do some wireless cameras but they take some configuration to set up. Whereas a cable would just display them without issues. Both recorders support motion detection which can be configured through the recorder. There’s a lot of factors to take in with CCTV such as resolution, storage time, how many channels, features etc.

I would prefer not to have a dvr/nvr
Again, resolution, storage, features: Dark fighter. Motorised. PTZ. Scenery. Distance. IR range. Bullet / dome. Grey / white. Bases for cabling(power supply)?

Phone app?
Browser access?
Desktop client?
As above, plus how many, mounting location (internal / external), etc.
4 external cameras
Cabling would be an issue
MiniMinter13 m ago

Cabling would be an issue

Selection of solar powered wireless cams is limited and performance is questionable.
Battery?
MiniMinter30 m ago

Battery?

By default: solar powered is battery. Consider night-time requirement for on-camera nightvision IR will be require a considerable power capacity likely beyond a viable solar solution in this country; possibly best to consider a separate IR floodlight, but again that would require cabling (although if you have a window in the correct area you may be able to locate an external IR floodlight internally against a window, at reduced effect). Not aware of any ext cams that have easily replaceable batteries, and it may be inconvenient to access an ext cam to replace them. You may need to consider one cable going to each cam, either ethernet cable with integral power (POE) or a power cable to each wireless cam. The closest compromise may be a thin DC power extension cable going to each wireless cam - you may be able to get away with having such a DC cable being fed through a typical window opening seal, especially if the cable is flat, although no such flat cable springs to mind.
Your budget of circa £100 per camera may cover a professional (cabled) installation option. What's the issue with cabled cams? Access to install the camera or building permissions?
AndyRoyd3rd Jul

By default: solar powered is battery. Consider night-time requirement for …By default: solar powered is battery. Consider night-time requirement for on-camera nightvision IR will be require a considerable power capacity likely beyond a viable solar solution in this country; possibly best to consider a separate IR floodlight, but again that would require cabling (although if you have a window in the correct area you may be able to locate an external IR floodlight internally against a window, at reduced effect). Not aware of any ext cams that have easily replaceable batteries, and it may be inconvenient to access an ext cam to replace them. You may need to consider one cable going to each cam, either ethernet cable with integral power (POE) or a power cable to each wireless cam. The closest compromise may be a thin DC power extension cable going to each wireless cam - you may be able to get away with having such a DC cable being fed through a typical window opening seal, especially if the cable is flat, although no such flat cable springs to mind. Your budget of circa £100 per camera may cover a professional (cabled) installation option. What's the issue with cabled cams? Access to install the camera or building permissions?

Lost cause it seems! You can only help somebody so much.
Assuming money wasn’t a factor, what reasons are there for going with the HV dvr over Blue Iris? Cheers.
Thanks am looking at nest camera now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants