Security cameras

Posted 24th Nov
Looking for cheap security cameras

Are these any good? - amazon.co.uk/dp/…21D

Any recommendation for cheap security camera setup, someone earlier mentioned I could get android box and get cameras that have android application - what do you guys think?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Get yi camera or wyze
Look at the reviews
adamey1924/11/2019 20:02

Any recommendation for cheap security camera setup... Are these any good?

Those Amazon fulfilled items are cut-down versions of the ones I mentioned in an earlier thread. They are missing some great features but the most obvious missing items are the otherwise beneficial physical PIR and lack of ONVIF compatibility, where that lack of compatibility leaves you entirely reliant on the vendor's p2p app's stability and existence (if the vendor/manufacturer ceases trading then it is likely the function of your cameras would cease with it). Maybe re-read the earlier rambling post at hotukdeals.com/com…050
AndyRoyd24/11/2019 23:35

Those Amazon fulfilled items are cut-down versions of the ones I mentioned …Those Amazon fulfilled items are cut-down versions of the ones I mentioned in an earlier thread. They are missing some great features but the most obvious missing items are the otherwise beneficial physical PIR and lack of ONVIF compatibility, where that lack of compatibility leaves you entirely reliant on the vendor's p2p app's stability and existence (if the vendor/manufacturer ceases trading then it is likely the function of your cameras would cease with it). Maybe re-read the earlier rambling post at https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/39093050

Thanks, will go through them. Last time I ordered an item from alibaba worth around 22 quid got charged 12 quid custom. A bit hesitant towards purchasing from AliExpress.
adamey1925/11/2019 07:16

Thanks, will go through them. Last time I ordered an item from alibaba …Thanks, will go through them. Last time I ordered an item from alibaba worth around 22 quid got charged 12 quid custom. A bit hesitant towards purchasing from AliExpress.

If you want the suggested cams there's no obvious alternative source. AE is generally reliable but don't expect UK levels of CS. If import fees are charged that will be 20% of total invoice cost plus about £8-£10 handling. So if you're buying three £23 cams budget for total cost in low-£90s, which can be easily justified by the feature-to-cost ratio unmatched elsewhere.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants