Groups

security for my computer

my norton security is due to run out - which is best used norton for last 2 years but kapsersky looks good and half price in carphone warehouse anyone know any good deals or any other security sources that are better please help i am a novice.

14 Comments

[url]www.avast.com[/url]
    Free
    You should never shell out cash for a virus scanner :whistling:
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

why pay ???

AVG free edition from GRISOFT is exactly that.........FREE

works brill

no probs on my pc at all and I have been using AVG for the last 5 yrs at least

free.avg.com/dow…ion

Adamski1964;3877064

why pay ???AVG free edition from GRISOFT is exactly … why pay ???AVG free edition from GRISOFT is exactly that.........FREEworks brillno probs on my pc at all and I have been using AVG for the last 5 yrs at leasthttp://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

thanks x x

I second the free ones... have used both in the past (and avast present!) and never had a problem, or virus with either!! :thumbsup:

Remember to get yourself a free firewall as well with your free anti-virus.. They can be all got ]HERE with direct links.. Some excellent reviews too.. :thumbsup:

Make sure you fully uninstal nortons.. They are known to leave traces on your puter..]http//se…039 LINKY..

Have a look at the reviews and go with what you think is best for you.. You will get loads saying that one is better than the other.. It's down to personel choice..

I have tried the free ones and to be honest I don't like them.. I use Kaserpsky on all of my computers.. Only because it suits me..

Banned

Adamski1964;3877064

why pay ???AVG free edition from GRISOFT is exactly … why pay ???AVG free edition from GRISOFT is exactly that.........FREEworks brillno probs on my pc at all and I have been using AVG for the last 5 yrs at leasthttp://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

are you sure about that though. Avast found 2 trojans on my pc when I moved from avg and 1 had been there a year!

someone else's pc on here needed reformatting as AVG didnt detect a well known virus

stick with AVAST for anti-virsu

COMODO for a firewall

MALWAREBYTES and AD_AWARE for others

avg, avast, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster, ad-aware, comodo - i use em all.

csiman - yeah noticed the first time i installed and ran avast it got in early and scanned the pc memory. never seen avg do that.

Meathotukdeals;3877187

avg, avast, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster, ad-aware, comodo - … avg, avast, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster, ad-aware, comodo - i use em all.

yes i agree, used this for a long time:thumbsup:

Banned

Meathotukdeals;3877187

avg, avast, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster, ad-aware, comodo - … avg, avast, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster, ad-aware, comodo - i use em all.

you really shouldnt have 2 AV scanners running at the same time. Serves no useful purpose and hogs system resources.
    Meathotukdeals;3877208

csiman - yeah noticed the first time i installed and ran avast it got in … csiman - yeah noticed the first time i installed and ran avast it got in early and scanned the pc memory. never seen avg do that.

stick with avast. no annoying pop-ups and far less resource usage and more reliable

csiman;3877428

you really shouldnt have 2 AV scanners running at the same time. Serves … you really shouldnt have 2 AV scanners running at the same time. Serves no useful purpose and hogs system resources. stick with avast. no annoying pop-ups and far less resource usage and more reliable

Hi mate,

I don't do that. I got 3 pooters and that's what I have on them overall. Cheers for the post tho.

]Avast and ]Commodo get my vote too:thumbsup:

Banned

jtx;3878543

]Avast and ]Commodo get my vote too:thumbsup:

TOP MAN! :thumbsup:

Meathotukdeals;3878056

Hi mate,I don't do that. I got 3 pooters and that's what I have on them … Hi mate,I don't do that. I got 3 pooters and that's what I have on them overall. Cheers for the post tho.

then get rid of avg on the other one and install avast lol :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1636
      2. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.710
      3. Biscuit addiction2060
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810

See more discussions