Groups

Seeding/Leeching ??

Can someone please tell me, wot exactly do they mean?

24 Comments

Banned

seeds have whole file

leachersw are still downloading.. you want the files with the most seeds

Banned

Seeders are the peeps Downloading & SHARING the file

Leechers are Downloading & NOT SHARING

As Imranmaz says.the more seeders usualy the better (but not always) x

Original Poster

Ah thanks hun. I heard someone say the other day that u need to leech AND seed?? :?

Original Poster

So how do I share?

Banned

hannah19790;3804263

Ah thanks hun. I heard someone say the other day that u need to leech AND … Ah thanks hun. I heard someone say the other day that u need to leech AND seed?? :?

Ignore em, they obvo havent a clue :-D

what they probably meant is that you need to seed(uploading) while leeching (downloading). This usually only really applies to private sites.

Banned

hannah19790;3804270

So how do I share?

You wil be sharing automatically probs

What you using? utorrrent? Azereus? Bitlord?

I know with Azereus you can decide how much you want to share but you will defo be sharing on that automatically

Banned

ODB_69;3804262

Seeders are the peeps Downloading & SHARING the fileLeechers are … Seeders are the peeps Downloading & SHARING the fileLeechers are Downloading & NOT SHARINGAs Imranmaz says.the more seeders usualy the better (but not always) x

nah dude, a seed has the whole file they are only uploading.. not downloading
    answers.yahoo.com/que…F0z
    hannah19790;3804263

Ah thanks hun. I heard someone say the other day that u need to leech … Ah thanks hun. I heard someone say the other day that u need to leech AND seed?? :?

you can't avoid leeching... as you need to download the file... but you seed afterwards or seed as you leech (you dont have the whole file but you are seeding the bits that you do have.

most clients are set up to seed as they leech anyway. you usually need to worry about seeding as much as you leech if you are on a private tracker with quotas..

Original Poster

Oh that's ok then, I'd hate to be taking without giving back lol
    BitTorrent btw ODB

Banned

hannah19790;3804305

Oh that's ok then, I'd hate to be taking without giving back lol

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

If only all women were the same :whistling:

hannah19790;3804305

Oh that's ok then, I'd hate to be taking without giving back … Oh that's ok then, I'd hate to be taking without giving back lolBitTorrent btw

careful on those open websites! Don't share too much!

Banned

hannah19790;3804305

Oh that's ok then, I'd hate to be taking without giving back … Oh that's ok then, I'd hate to be taking without giving back lolBitTorrent btw

just leave what you download uploading till you need to get rid of it... cause of space ect... that's what I do anyways :thumbsup:

ODB_69;3804262

Seeders are the peeps Downloading & SHARING the fileLeechers are … Seeders are the peeps Downloading & SHARING the fileLeechers are Downloading & NOT SHARINGAs Imranmaz says.the more seeders usualy the better (but not always) x

Don't think that's right. Seeders aren't downloading any more, they have 100% complete files. They're just uploading.

Banned

Sorry I meant DOWNLOADED not DOWNLOADING

Original Poster

ODB_69;3804313

If only all women were the same :whistling:

LOL See, I'm one of a kind:whistling:

leefal;3804319

careful on those open websites! Don't share too much!

Ooh yes:oops:

imranmaz;3804322

just leave what you download uploading till you need to get rid of it... … just leave what you download uploading till you need to get rid of it... cause of space ect... that's what I do anyways :thumbsup:

Oh yh that makes sense, thanks hun:thumbsup:

right seeders are giving the file out , leeching is getting the file

everyone is leeching until they get the file , but at the same time you are also seeding what you have !

but if someone has called you a leech it means , you arent giving back atleast the whole file , so if your ratio is less than one you are a leech ! more than one is good as you are helping the community !

less than one doesnt help , cause if everyone was a leech no one would get the file or your download would never finish !

Original Poster

Thanks all, will leave rep shortly x

Original Poster

geedub;3804403

right seeders are giving the file out , leeching is getting the … right seeders are giving the file out , leeching is getting the fileeveryone is leeching until they get the file , but at the same time you are also seeding what you have !but if someone has called you a leech it means , you arent giving back atleast the whole file , so if your ratio is less than one you are a leech ! which doesnt help , cause if everyone was a leech no one would get the file or your download would never finish !

Wow, think I got that, thanks hun x

in for the rep lol

Use torrent scrape to find your files

get all you computer geeks!!

http://i44.tinypic.com/6is21x.jpghttp://i39.tinypic.com/afbwpg.jpg

Banned

brangelina;3804603

thieves you mean:thumbsup::pirate:

Watch out when seeding. The internet isn't a big truck you can just dump stuff onto, it is a series of tubes.
    :|Man I am a nerd.:shock:

electriclinux;3805031

Watch out when seeding. The internet isn't a big truck you can just dump … Watch out when seeding. The internet isn't a big truck you can just dump stuff onto, it is a series of tubes.:|Man I am a nerd.:shock:

Yup, there's literally hundreds upon thousands of tubes on the internet. Even this website has quite a few tubes.

Original Poster

MarzBarz;3804504

in for the rep lolUse torrent scrape to find your files

lol, on it's way but what does that mean hun?:?

brangelina;3804603

Wot would we do wivout em lol

electriclinux;3805031

Watch out when seeding. The internet isn't a big truck you can just dump … Watch out when seeding. The internet isn't a big truck you can just dump stuff onto, it is a series of tubes.:|Man I am a nerd.

leefal;3805567

Yup, there's literally hundreds upon thousands of tubes on the internet. … Yup, there's literally hundreds upon thousands of tubes on the internet. Even this website has quite a few tubes.

:?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win the ultimate Land Rover Rugby Prize11
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      3. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88

See more discussions