Groups

Seein as my last thread was ruined!

what do you think of this for rts games?

31 Comments

integrated graphics?

seems good, just needs a GPU.

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6680332

seems good, just needs a GPU.

now whats a gpu?

tony_dudz;6680337

now whats a gpu?

Graphics Processing Unit.

Im too lazy to say graphics card! especially as im watching episode 5 of FlashForward.

tony_dudz;6680337

now whats a gpu?

Graphics card.

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6680342

Graphics Processing Unit.

it says:
    Graphics
    Integrated Intel® Q45 graphics solution,:
    Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500
    Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (Intel® DVMT 5.0) support
    Microsoft® DirectX® 10 support

do you still have to buy a gpu even if it has all this?

tony_dudz;6680347

it says:GraphicsIntegrated Intel® Q45 graphics solution,:Intel® Graphics M … it says:GraphicsIntegrated Intel® Q45 graphics solution,:Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (Intel® DVMT 5.0) supportMicrosoft® DirectX® 10 supportdo you still have to buy a gpu even if it has all this?

that is just an integrated graphics that is on the motherboard. you will need an actual card.

Nowt wrong with the first one.

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6680363

that is just an integrated graphics that is on the motherboard. you will … that is just an integrated graphics that is on the motherboard. you will need an actual card.

no way!
    for that price!
    would anybody be so kind to go on the internet for a few mins and help me find a pc with enough power to run games like empire, mount and blade, and the like?
    rep as always

tony_dudz;6680347

it says:GraphicsIntegrated Intel® Q45 graphics solution,:Intel® Graphics M … it says:GraphicsIntegrated Intel® Q45 graphics solution,:Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (Intel® DVMT 5.0) supportMicrosoft® DirectX® 10 supportdo you still have to buy a gpu even if it has all this?

in bold = key :thumbsup:

tony_dudz;6680372

no way!for that price!would anybody be so kind to go on the internet for … no way!for that price!would anybody be so kind to go on the internet for a few mins and help me find a pc with enough power to run games like empire, mount and blade, and the like?rep as always

The pc will run it, all you need is to slot in a card that takes a minute or two thats cheaper than finding one with the graphics card already slotted in.

Original Poster

deek72;6680370

Nowt wrong with the first one.

this one
    ebuyer.com/pro…254

tony_dudz;6680380

this onehttp://www.ebuyer.com/product/170254

yep thats one seems better for the price.

tony_dudz;6680380

this onehttp://www.ebuyer.com/product/170254

Yes, nice machine. Will play just about anything at a reasonable level.

Banned

sorry to hijack your thread but I also need pc helpI'm after one as my hdd died.......its old, need a new one needs too much done to it tbh ....any reccomendations as I'm currently having to use the ps3 dont need monitor, prob wont play games tbh...just occasional downloads and pref windows 7...any ideas?

hows this for example ebuyer.com/pro…624 ?

ODB_69;6680412

sorry to hijack your thread but I also need pc helpI'm after one as my … sorry to hijack your thread but I also need pc helpI'm after one as my hdd died.......its old, need a new one needs too much done to it tbh ....any reccomendations as I'm currently having to use the ps3 dont need monitor, prob wont play games tbh...just occasional downloads and pref windows 7...any ideas?hows this for example http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173624 ?

thats seems alright for what you want, might also want to consider:
    hotukdeals.com/ite…ghz
    save yourself about £40...depends on your needs more, and of course need to factor in an OS with the ebuyer one.

ODB_69;6680412

sorry to hijack your thread but I also need pc helpI'm after one as my … sorry to hijack your thread but I also need pc helpI'm after one as my hdd died.......its old, need a new one needs too much done to it tbh ....any reccomendations as I'm currently having to use the ps3 dont need monitor, prob wont play games tbh...just occasional downloads and pref windows 7...any ideas?hows this for example http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173624 ?

Decent processor, plenty of ram and storage. Fine for what you want. You'd have to sort an OS out though.

awoodhall2003;6680420

thats seems alright for what you want, might also want to … thats seems alright for what you want, might also want to consider:http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/510408/dell-vostro-220-desktop-base-2-7ghzsave yourself about £40...depends on your needs more.

Not much ram/storage though for downloading/unpacking etc. 160gb goes nowhere nowadays.

deek72;6680429

Not much ram/storage though for downloading/unpacking etc. 160gb goes … Not much ram/storage though for downloading/unpacking etc. 160gb goes nowhere nowadays.

Depends, I have 2 HD's one with Windows 7 which is about 13 gig full just for the OS, and a D drive for games which is about 30 gigs full.

Unless you want a pc for everything and I do mean everything it should be enough.

Original Poster

i have repped you all,
    thanks alot

Original Poster

one more q though?
    can i install windows 7 onto the last one i mentioned?
    is it as simple as just turning it on a putting the windows 7 disc in?

tony_dudz;6680451

one more q though?can i install windows 7 onto the last one i … one more q though?can i install windows 7 onto the last one i mentioned?is it as simple as just turning it on a putting the windows 7 disc in?

Yep no probs. if you have an upgrade disc it just takes a few minutes longer as you have to change a setting until its registered.

Original Poster

ryouga;6680461

Yep no probs. if you have an upgrade disc it just takes a few minutes … Yep no probs. if you have an upgrade disc it just takes a few minutes longer as you have to change a setting until its registered.

so i just pop the brand new windows seven disc in nd wala, i click a few things then install it?

deek72;6680429

Not much ram/storage though for downloading/unpacking etc. 160gb goes … Not much ram/storage though for downloading/unpacking etc. 160gb goes nowhere nowadays.

this is true, but depends on how much you download and store!
    i have 750gbs roughly and ive filled it up lots but thats over couple of years and some serious downloading. whereas my housemate downloads a fair amount but after he watches something or uses something etc he deletes it thus his 120gb is fine.

tony_dudz;6680451

one more q though?can i install windows 7 onto the last one i … one more q though?can i install windows 7 onto the last one i mentioned?is it as simple as just turning it on a putting the windows 7 disc in?

tbh yes it is, installing windows is easier then a lot make out. its onyl if you encounter problems that it becomes harder, but 95% of installs are fine!

tony_dudz;6680470

so i just pop the brand new windows seven disc in nd wala, i click a few … so i just pop the brand new windows seven disc in nd wala, i click a few things then install it?

Yep either an upgrade or retail is fine, but the upgrade version you dont put the key in until after its installed(just leave keycode section blank when installing) then click on something when its installed then add code and its fine.

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6680474

this is true, but depends on how much you download and store!i have … this is true, but depends on how much you download and store!i have 750gbs roughly and ive filled it up lots but thats over couple of years and some serious downloading. whereas my housemate downloads a fair amount but after he watches something or uses something etc he deletes it thus his 120gb is fine.tbh yes it is, installing windows is easier then a lot make out. its onyl if you encounter problems that it becomes harder, but 95% of installs are fine!

ryouga;6680477

Yep either an upgrade or retail is fine, but the upgrade version you dont … Yep either an upgrade or retail is fine, but the upgrade version you dont put the key in until after its installed(just leave keycode section blank when installing) then click on something when its installed then add code and its fine.

so if i buy the 400 pound one, will i be able to install windows seven on it?
    no compatibility issues?

Banned

awoodhall2003;6680420

thats seems alright for what you want, might also want to … thats seems alright for what you want, might also want to consider:http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/510408/dell-vostro-220-desktop-base-2-7ghzsave yourself about £40...depends on your needs more, and of course need to factor in an OS with the ebuyer one.

deek72;6680422

Decent processor, plenty of ram and storage. Fine for what you want. … Decent processor, plenty of ram and storage. Fine for what you want. You'd have to sort an OS out though.

deek72;6680429

agreed...I'm thinking windows 7 will be ok to run on this? its cheap atm...

also will this be ok to watch stuff on? do I need anything for it? possible may run games on it....? games as in kids games and maybe vietcong and c & c....nothing too high end

tony_dudz;6680486

so if i buy the 400 pound one, will i be able to install windows seven on … so if i buy the 400 pound one, will i be able to install windows seven on it?no compatibility issues?

nope you wont have any compatibility issues

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6680490

nope you wont have any compatibility issues

good man
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Finally got a Xbox one s22
      2. Marvel characters22
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111316