Seeking a decent budget camera

Posted 27th Sep
Hi,
my girlfriend's birthday is in a few days and I have decided to gift her a digital camera. I've set my budget to a max of £200 but haven't found anything of interest. I don't know much about cameras but neither does she. All I can say is that she'd be mainly using it for taking photos. I don't think she'd have much interest in filming videos. I have come across the acanon eos m100 and I think she'd love it especially that its pocketable and has a flip screen. However £339 is way beyond my budget. Are there cheaper alternatives to the eos m100? or does anyone know where I can get a good deal on this camera?

btw, I'm aware of the camera with a free printer deal posted on huk but I've read that it doesn't take great pictures so I've decided to pass on it.

thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Does she not have a cellular phone?
Panasonic TZ80 compact is a very good camera, can get for about £250.. but sometimes £200 if you look around.
Just get her a Google pixel
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Brand new great starter camera...£69 more than your budget but worth it.
666FU27/09/2019 07:33

Does she not have a cellular phone?

p20 lite but id rather get her a real camera given that she was in fact considering buying one herself a few months ago
MrSprkle27/09/2019 08:21

Panasonic TZ80 compact is a very good camera, can get for about £250.. but …Panasonic TZ80 compact is a very good camera, can get for about £250.. but sometimes £200 if you look around.

thanks, actually the tz90 looks nice but a bit pricey as well.. I'll see if i can get one on a good deal from ebay
renagade2727/09/2019 08:42

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/digital-cameras/dslr-and-compact-system-cameras/fujifilm-x-a20-mirrorless-camera-with-fujinon-xc-15-45-mm-f-3-5-5-6-ois-pz-lens-black-silver-10182780-pdt.htmlBrand new great starter camera...£69 more than your budget but worth it.

thanks, a bit bulky but looks neat. Worth considering
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants