Seems too good to be true? Echo dot

Found 21st Dec 2017Edited by:"Kalli86"
Just browsing around and came across this.. seems too got to be true or am i reading it wrong? amazon echo dot, new.. £25.78 free P&P from the usa.. hmmmm

ebay.co.uk/itm…c10

Thoughts?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Seems like a scam... many of the recent feedbacks are very generic, some feedbacks are worded the exact same from different buyers, which is very odd.

If you buy through PayPal, you should still be covered if it is a scam, but I’m sceptical 🤨

Seller ships from London, KY. I have no idea where that is - Kentucky? If so, no idea why a new version would sell for this cheap...
Original Poster
hgraham47 m ago

Seems like a scam... many of the recent feedbacks are very generic, some …Seems like a scam... many of the recent feedbacks are very generic, some feedbacks are worded the exact same from different buyers, which is very odd.If you buy through PayPal, you should still be covered if it is a scam, but I’m sceptical 🤨Seller ships from London, KY. I have no idea where that is - Kentucky? If so, no idea why a new version would sell for this cheap...

Exactly my thoughts, and they seem to have sold loads looking at purchase history.. But are they even going to recieve the genuine thing.. And offers free delivery? Not sure how that would be possible to other countries.. Like you said covered with paypal.. But still seems too good to be true.. Which is why i didnt post deal.. Id feel horrible if it was all a scam.. But was interested to hear other peoples thoughts thanks for reply
Kalli8610 m ago

Exactly my thoughts, and they seem to have sold loads looking at purchase …Exactly my thoughts, and they seem to have sold loads looking at purchase history.. But are they even going to recieve the genuine thing.. And offers free delivery? Not sure how that would be possible to other countries.. Like you said covered with paypal.. But still seems too good to be true.. Which is why i didnt post deal.. Id feel horrible if it was all a scam.. But was interested to hear other peoples thoughts thanks for reply

No worries, I’m always unsure with these things. There has been so many scam sites this year too, I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve learnt 2 things now:

1. you have to research a company as much as possible. Check their address is legitimate, see any feedback (again, does it look legitimate), google the company to see if any scams show up. I realise this one is really difficult with eBay, but sometimes you can tell with the feedback if it’s all in the same dialect/“language”. That is, someone from another country who doesn’t speak fluent English may have only learnt a few phrases, like A++++ seller.

2. Like you said, if it looks to good to be true, then it probably is.

Sorry for the essay, and good lick with the purchases
Original Poster
hgraham46 m ago

No worries, I’m always unsure with these things. There has been so many s …No worries, I’m always unsure with these things. There has been so many scam sites this year too, I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve learnt 2 things now:1. you have to research a company as much as possible. Check their address is legitimate, see any feedback (again, does it look legitimate), google the company to see if any scams show up. I realise this one is really difficult with eBay, but sometimes you can tell with the feedback if it’s all in the same dialect/“language”. That is, someone from another country who doesn’t speak fluent English may have only learnt a few phrases, like A++++ seller.2. Like you said, if it looks to good to be true, then it probably is.Sorry for the essay, and good lick with the purchases

I wont be "licking" for any purchases from this ebay seller

Great advice tho, i always have a good snoop around before buying or posting deals.. Tend to stick with companies i know unless its something for afew quid.. Then not a huge loss on the punt.. Sometimes pays off sometimes not 😁
Kalli865 m ago

I wont be "licking" for any purchases from this ebay seller I wont be "licking" for any purchases from this ebay seller Great advice tho, i always have a good snoop around before buying or posting deals.. Tend to stick with companies i know unless its something for afew quid.. Then not a huge loss on the punt.. Sometimes pays off sometimes not 😁

Haha sorry, my thumbs are getting too big...

I’m too scared to punt on the lower ones. I’ve heard so many negative comments about gearbest (or Gamiss, can’t remember which), and even though HUKD seem to be obsessed with them on the telegram app, I’m steering clear
Original Poster
hgraham45 m ago

Haha sorry, my thumbs are getting too big... I’m too scared t …Haha sorry, my thumbs are getting too big... I’m too scared to punt on the lower ones. I’ve heard so many negative comments about gearbest (or Gamiss, can’t remember which), and even though HUKD seem to be obsessed with them on the telegram app, I’m steering clear

Probably for the best, iv never tried gearbest or gamiss either but seen hundreds of deals for them & also tons of complaints.. Which makes me think.. Do those places just offer deals all the time just to get as many sales as possible regardless if its junk they sell?

Think ill stay clear too, prob more hassle then its worth just to save acouple of quid
Kalli8638 m ago

Probably for the best, iv never tried gearbest or gamiss either but seen …Probably for the best, iv never tried gearbest or gamiss either but seen hundreds of deals for them & also tons of complaints.. Which makes me think.. Do those places just offer deals all the time just to get as many sales as possible regardless if its junk they sell? Think ill stay clear too, prob more hassle then its worth just to save acouple of quid

I've used gearbest 4-5 times. Always received after about 3 weeks which is very reasonable time . I ordered few CCTV cameras. Work great, can't complain. Regarding that Echo. I'd rather pay a little extra and get it from Amazon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants