SEGA Mega Drive Mini HD - 85 Games / 720p / 2 Wireless Controllers - £79.99

Found 24th Jul 2017
[Link]

Just spotted this and thought it was worth a little share. The SEGA Mega Drive Mini HD With Wireless Controllersis scheduled to release on 28th October at £79.99 (or there abouts)

Features:

• Includes two 2.4GHz wireless controllers
  • HDMI port
  • HD 720P Output
  • Design of the original version

Compatible with any cartridge of the original console. Don’t wait, plug your console into your TV and start playing!

2748439.jpg

List of games included -

• Mortal Kombat I, II, III
  • Virtua Fighter 2
  • Altered Beast
  • Phantasy Star series
  • Sonic Series
  • Golden Axe
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Phantasy Star IV
  • Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Alien Storm
  • Altered Beast
  • Arrow Flash
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Chakan: The Forever Man
  • Columns
  • Columns III
  • ComixZone
  • Crack Down
  • DecapAttack
  • Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
  • ESWAT: City Under Siege
  • Eternal Champions
  • Fatal Labyrinth
  • Flicky
  • Gain Ground
  • Golden Axe II
  • Golden Axe III
  • Jewel Master
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Phantasy Star III
  • Ristar
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Sword of Vermilion
  • The Ooze
  • Vectorman
  • Vectorman2
  • Virtua Fighter 2
  • Shining Force: the Legacy of Great Intention
  • Shining Force II: the Ancient Seal
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Super Thunder Blade
  • Mortal Kombat II
  • Mortal Kombat 3

Non-SEGA games:

• Adventure in the Park
  • Air Hockey
  • Black Sheep
  • Bomber
  • Bottle Taps Race
  • Brain Switch
  • Break a Fireline
  • Bubble Master
  • Cannon
  • Checker
  • Chess
  • Cross the Road
  • Curling 2010
  • Dominant Amber
  • Fight or Lose
  • Flash Memory
  • Hangman
  • Hexagonos
  • Hidden Agenda
  • Hide and Seek
  • Jack’s Pea
  • Jewel Magic
  • Jura Formula
  • Lost World Sudoku
  • Maze 2010
  • Mahjong Solitaire
  • Memory
  • Mirror Mirror
  • Mr.Balls
  • Mya Master Mind
  • Naval Power
  • Panic Lift
  • Plumbing Contest
  • Skeleton Scale
  • Snake
  • Spider
  • T-Rex Memory Match
  • Wall-Breaking
  • Warehouse Keeper
  • Whack-A-Wolf

Collectors...what are your thoughts? It seems (or is) an updated version of AT Games' previous version with added features and the awesome classic console look.
Community Updates
58 Comments
Don't Sega realise they aren't Nintendo?
Looks pants - non sega games (puke).

This coming from a huge MegaDrive fan.
Looks good
Various modern mega drives have come out around £40~50 with similar game packs, now this craze is happening they make it look abit closer to the original and charge silly money.

Plus no Road Rash or Streets of Rage.
What's with the shovelware in the non Sega games?
So just a repackage of the AtGames thing then they were never that great certainly not sega quality and the emulation is always off, the sound tends to be the most annoying thing about em.

Why so many mentions of phantasy star
And to be exact its a Japanese mini if it looks like the box not a UK one and the controllers are wrong.....so..so...very....very....wrong.
deleted193256
you could get a basic xbox 360 & the megadrive collection (with almost the exact same game list) for cheaper.
pr3dicta5le

Don't Sega realise they aren't Nintendo?

Do you?
no Streets of Rage oO
I love that this takes original cartridges , making it a proper console not just a rubbish emulator that I could just put on a pi3 (cue person whinging about stealing games that are 30 years old and most of which I have bought previously on other consols)
Atgames and no streets of rage, no you're alright cheers. Weird really, nintendo then yes I'll trade my mother for one, Sega then meh.
deleted265520
codnan

I love that this takes original cartridges , making it a proper console … I love that this takes original cartridges , making it a proper console not just a rubbish emulator that I could just put on a pi3 (cue person whinging about stealing games that are 30 years old and most of which I have bought previously on other consols)

"proper console"

I suggest reading comments before posting.
They could boost sales by 50% just by removing Altered Beast.
dtovey89

"proper console" I suggest reading comments before posting.

Perhaps what is on there is badly emulated , and I am no sega fan and have no plan to buy one ,as I have a pi3 with everything on . But I do love that this takes cartridges as I like having a proper game collection and I really don't get having a "classic mini" console that doesn't play the cartridges , especially considering the price they are charging for them.
Personally I want a mini amiga 500 that takes discs for a reasonable price (the ARMIGA is way too expensive)
Same old AtGames Firecore and terrible controllers! And i guarantee you thatit wont run any cart!
deeky1 h, 18 m ago

They could boost sales by 50% just by removing Altered Beast.

But you can make the bears look like they're bumming!
up, down, left, right, A+C, start
codnan

Perhaps what is on there is badly emulated , and I am no sega fan and … Perhaps what is on there is badly emulated , and I am no sega fan and have no plan to buy one ,as I have a pi3 with everything on . But I do love that this takes cartridges as I like having a proper game collection and I really don't get having a "classic mini" console that doesn't play the cartridges , especially considering the price they are charging for them.Personally I want a mini amiga 500 that takes discs for a reasonable price (the ARMIGA is way too expensive)

The last AtGames MD took cartridges and it was rubbish, i heard it doesn't take all carts tho, i think it could not do the EA ones with the extra ports, can't recall. I expect this thing to be exactly the same guts in a new shell
Lulz!
Error4401 h, 34 m ago

The last AtGames MD took cartridges and it was rubbish, i heard it doesn't …The last AtGames MD took cartridges and it was rubbish, i heard it doesn't take all carts tho, i think it could not do the EA ones with the extra ports, can't recall. I expect this thing to be exactly the same guts in a new shell

argos.co.uk/pro…789

Not entirely the same guts, they added a cheapo 720p hdmi out and wireless that probably costs a massive £2 more per unit. Though they probably saved fairly more than that removing the classic controller ports.
Edited by: "catbeans" 24th Jul 2017
Should have streets of rage and california games
no Soleil
dtovey89

Avoid like the … Avoid like the plaguehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BtDjmFqEwwY&feature=youtu.behttps://www.reddit.com/r/retrogaming/comments/63s6mc/atgames_is_releasing_a_mini_genesis_with_hdmi

just incase I am missing something, the biggest complaint is the sound yes?

I would be playing on mute 90% of the time, and to be honest I could handle that "horrible" noise at other times...

I was expecting them to say games were all ported wrong and didn't work, crashing etc... dodgy sound chip for a third party thing like this isn't that bad.... for me anyway.
The controllers are awful on the mega drive clone I got as a present
Who on earth are AT Games?

Not actually SEGA, box doesn't look like the Mega Drive box, and the controllers look different to what I remember.
Licensed, but not official.
There have been many of these come and go in the past.
Argos even sold one a while back.

Until SEGA actually make one, I won't buy it.
phoenixology3 m ago

Who on earth are AT Games?Not actually SEGA, box doesn't look like the …Who on earth are AT Games?Not actually SEGA, box doesn't look like the Mega Drive box, and the controllers look different to what I remember.

My thought exactly. To me the box actually looks like they're trying to make it appear as a Sega official release.
SD Card support?
Rom Support?
bulletfoss

Licensed, but not official.There have been many of these come and go in … Licensed, but not official.There have been many of these come and go in the past.Argos even sold one a while back.Until SEGA actually make one, I won't buy it.

me neither
deleted265520
joanddan7

just incase I am missing something, the biggest complaint is the sound … just incase I am missing something, the biggest complaint is the sound yes?I would be playing on mute 90% of the time, and to be honest I could handle that "horrible" noise at other times...I was expecting them to say games were all ported wrong and didn't work, crashing etc... dodgy sound chip for a third party thing like this isn't that bad.... for me anyway.

I'd recommend you do yourself a favour and instantly stop trying to justify purchasing this.
It's not just the sound that is bad. Please read the comments or look on Reddit.
Edited by: "deleted265520" 25th Jul 2017
phoenixology

Who on earth are AT Games?Not actually SEGA, box doesn't look like the … Who on earth are AT Games?Not actually SEGA, box doesn't look like the Mega Drive box, and the controllers look different to what I remember.

The controllers look like the "turbo" versions...

http://www.pixelcake.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/sega-controller.jpg
Same old games on every relationship they do
dtovey89

I'd recommend you do yourself a favour and instantly stop trying to … I'd recommend you do yourself a favour and instantly stop trying to justify purchasing this.It's not just the sound that is bad. Please read the comments or look on Reddit.

To be fair id be equally disappointed with this as I would be the SNES/NES mini... in my mind they all have a limited appeal really, they are a get out of the cupboard once in a blue moon kinda thing...

id be interested to know if the sound is horrific if you put a normal cart in...

I did read both links and sound seemed to be the number one complaint...

for me in games sound is least on my list... like I say I do play in mute a lot.

I wont be buying for £80....

half that and I might of had a go but my fave games of that era were not sega or Nintendo licensed... Sensi Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Micro machines, Super Star wars to name a few..

If Sega and Nintendo both released a proper feature supported retro console... now that would be a thing..
joanddan79 m ago

...If Sega and Nintendo both released a proper feature supported retro …...If Sega and Nintendo both released a proper feature supported retro console... now that would be a thing..

What was the NES Classic mini missing?
No streets of rage = no buy
Would honestly be more appealing without the plethora of trashy games included along side the real Mega Drive games.
Istanbul_Kop7 m ago

Would honestly be more appealing without the plethora of trashy games …Would honestly be more appealing without the plethora of trashy games included along side the real Mega Drive games.

yup. less is more
deleted265520
joanddan7

To be fair id be equally disappointed with this as I would be the … To be fair id be equally disappointed with this as I would be the SNES/NES mini... in my mind they all have a limited appeal really, they are a get out of the cupboard once in a blue moon kinda thing...id be interested to know if the sound is horrific if you put a normal cart in...I did read both links and sound seemed to be the number one complaint...for me in games sound is least on my list... like I say I do play in mute a lot.I wont be buying for £80....half that and I might of had a go but my fave games of that era were not sega or Nintendo licensed... Sensi Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Micro machines, Super Star wars to name a few.. If Sega and Nintendo both released a proper feature supported retro console... now that would be a thing..

Sorry but what a ridiculous statement.

Both the NES & SNES mini are in a completely different league. They are the pinnacle of how a mini retro console is done.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions