Self adhesive hooks?

Found 30th Sep 2017
Are any of them any good?

Are things like command strip and no more nails any better then the bog standard ones?

I want to try to put some pictures up with them, well animation cells to be exact, they are in cardboard frames inside plastic sleeves. I was thinking prop them up on 2 to 3 hooks each.

Also all my walls are painted wallpaper
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I would recommend 3m double sided self adhesive foam pads available on eBay. Bought some a year ago to stick a flat plated stainless steel toilet roll holder onto a painted wall and it has held it in place perfectly.
Not sure how easy they are to remove but the pictures willl lie flat against the wall.
Different sizes available.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 30th Sep 2017
The command strips have the added bonus of very easy removal (not used the myself yet but a friend recommended and described how good they are). I like that the packages give a maximum weight - I’ve got some pretty big heavy frames and still seems like they will do the job.
If bluep thinks they are easily removed from the wall then go for the command strips. They're cheap enough just to try. I would measure out and pencil mark the wall with the top of the frame first, fix the strips onto the frame top and sides and then press onto the wall for the best purchase. Leave the bottom part of the frame unstuck so that you can remove easier at a later date.
(You probably know that though) Good Luck
Toptrumpet3 h, 43 m ago

I would recommend 3m double sided self adhesive foam pads available on …I would recommend 3m double sided self adhesive foam pads available on eBay. Bought some a year ago to stick a flat plated stainless steel toilet roll holder onto a painted wall and it has held it in place perfectly.Not sure how easy they are to remove but the pictures willl lie flat against the wall.Different sizes available.

Spotted them in Costco as well. They sell a mixture of sizes. Also available in large Tesco.
Toptrumpet2 h, 11 m ago

If bluep thinks they are easily removed from the wall then go for the …If bluep thinks they are easily removed from the wall then go for the command strips. They're cheap enough just to try. I would measure out and pencil mark the wall with the top of the frame first, fix the strips onto the frame top and sides and then press onto the wall for the best purchase. Leave the bottom part of the frame unstuck so that you can remove easier at a later date.(You probably know that though) Good Luck

I want to put square ish hooks up and rest them onto them leaning on the wall, see if that works, I don't want to damage the plastic bags they are sealed in, they protect them
So they're obviously lightweight. Try eBay searching for
self adhesive 3m metal bathroom hooks
and see if there are any that might be suitable as some look like they could balance a picture on top better than others.
Toptrumpet2 h, 31 m ago

So they're obviously lightweight. Try eBay searching for self adhesive 3m …So they're obviously lightweight. Try eBay searching for self adhesive 3m metal bathroom hooks and see if there are any that might be suitable as some look like they could balance a picture on top better than others.

I've put some 3M ones in my Amazon basket now, get em when I order something else ( for the free postage)
Good idea
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants