Groups

self build

Hi calling all builders can anyone please tell me how much it would ROUGHLY cost to build a 3 bedroomed detached property in the south west. I have inherited a plot of land and it has planning permission but i havnt got a clue what kind of mortgage i would need?

11 Comments

what size of land / what you after in terms of a house ( bedrooms)

Original Poster

3 bedrooms, lounge, seperate kitchen, bathroom, all good sizes. land is roughly 0.45 acres
    thanks

i don't really have a clue , just being nosey , but goodluck matey

I'll start the bidding at £100k!

I would say £140k

But I licked my finger and held it up to the wind to get it

Depends......

try this tool here

theselfbuilder.com/sel…ide

Timber frame is quicker and cheaper in my opinion. When we did ours it costs around 20% of the average market price for a similar dwelling. With house prices relatively low I'd average at 35% of a similar property that you're looking to build.

Good luck. It;s a hard slog but well worth it

Banned

The fact your asking such a question on a shopping forum,when there are so many more specific resources available, would suggest your not resourceful enough to even contemplate such an undertaking.

get an architect to draw plans then a quantity surveyor can give you the best idea on materials for pricing, then get a builder to look at the plans to price how much to build it. thats the best way mate.
    you can send them to me if you like

slamdunkin

The fact your asking such a question on a shopping forum,when there are … The fact your asking such a question on a shopping forum,when there are so many more specific resources available, would suggest your not resourceful enough to even contemplate such an undertaking.

Between this and your comments in the "Anyone here in the forces?" thread, you really are a ray of sunshine aren't you?

If you had plans drawn up you could get a more realistic cost association. Suggest you get a decent builder who is reputable and H&S aware. Your architect should help you with this!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27131
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4872377
      3. GCSE Results day33
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846348

See more discussions