Expired

Self defence

Found 27th Feb
as the streets become increasingly lawless I was just wondering what legal ways anyone has to defend themselves.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
run away
Reasonable force.
84 Comments
Reasonable force.
run away
Reasonable force is the legal answer - but maybe forming a baseball society with nightly meetings /training sessions might be the answer .
Edited by: "rogparki" 27th Feb
Sap gloves
Technically you can kill someone, there was a channel 4(?) documentary about it.
This army guy was the aggressor, the one that ended up killing him was a boxer that tried to calm it down, the army guy kept going for him telling him he was gonna get F'd up, the boxer 1 punches him and that was that. No charge as it was self defence.
Reasonable force, that doesn't mean if someone looks at you funny you get to shoot them ;).
SUMMONER21 m ago

run away

What Bruce Lee always said!
.MUFC.5 m ago

Reasonable force, that doesn't mean if someone looks at you funny you get …Reasonable force, that doesn't mean if someone looks at you funny you get to shoot them ;).

In fairness on Teesside looking at someones pint in the wrong way will get you a glass in the face.
Common sense and a level head.

Failing Look at torches made of solid metal with strike heads, pocket size
Edited by: "catbeans" 27th Feb
Which streets are you referring to specifically?
Just get one of these ...
Taking a sports umbrella (one with a metal tip) would not look out of sorts when walking down a typical pedestrianised street, especially in this weather. But when and if needed provide basic protection and assurance as the item could inflict measurable damage in vulnerable areas if assaulted or attacked.

Strangely this advice is given by the US Metropolitan Police Department but is valid and particularly useful. This is the official UK Police Force website that discusses Crime prevention including Theft and Robbery, ASB, Violence and Sexual offenses. Otherwise visit your local individual Forces websites for guidelines and to seek further assistance.
Edited by: "nemesiz" 27th Feb
33343399-tcwoO.jpg
catbeans24 m ago

Common sense and a level head.Failing Look at torches made of solid metal …Common sense and a level head.Failing Look at torches made of solid metal with strike heads, pocket size

Or this.
If someone attacks you once, you can't attack back. Call the Police if you want to attend court and want to bring GBH charges.
If that person tries to attack you again, then all bets are off and you can give him a thrashing but not kill him.

Personally, pepper sprays or SATA cables are the way to go.
deleted1166706
zworld6 m ago

Personally, pepper sprays or SATA cables are the way to go.

I'm sorry if I trigger a bad memory, have they always intimidated you? What started the fear?

33343595-7NiwR.jpg
SATA cables? You gonna garotte them?
Check for CCTV and go to town on the attacker
drasim1 m ago

Check for CCTV and go to town on the attacker

Or check for CCTV and go down on the attacker.
CookinBat1 m ago

Or check for CCTV and go down on the attacker.

Confusion is the best line of defence method?
zworld20 m ago

If someone attacks you once, you can't attack back. Call the Police if you …If someone attacks you once, you can't attack back. Call the Police if you want to attend court and want to bring GBH charges.If that person tries to attack you again, then all bets are off and you can give him a thrashing but not kill him.Personally, pepper sprays or SATA cables are the way to go.

Or maybe garlic bread?
Self defence is that, and only that, you cannot attack someone but you can defend yourself. People have said reasonable force. That is true, but what is reasonable force?Personally, anything to put them down and give you time to get away.
The issue is that on one person one punch could kill someone and the next person may just shrug it off. So what to do? Tazer?.... Illegal. Gun?... Tear gas spray?.... Not spontaneous and puts you in range. Your best defence is to be aware all the time, avoid alcohol (it makes you slow and careless). And avoid situations where stress and /or mob mentality could flare up.
Martial arts
zworld33 m ago

If someone attacks you once, you can't attack back. Call the Police if you …If someone attacks you once, you can't attack back. Call the Police if you want to attend court and want to bring GBH charges.If that person tries to attack you again, then all bets are off and you can give him a thrashing but not kill him.Personally, pepper sprays or SATA cables are the way to go.

Everything you said is wrong and pepper spray is illegal.
drasim21 m ago

Confusion is the best line of defence method?

Just checking for a concealed weapon, officer, honest
Richard_Richard1 h, 33 m ago

Technically you can kill someone, there was a channel 4(?) documentary …Technically you can kill someone, there was a channel 4(?) documentary about it.This army guy was the aggressor, the one that ended up killing him was a boxer that tried to calm it down, the army guy kept going for him telling him he was gonna get F'd up, the boxer 1 punches him and that was that. No charge as it was self defence.

one punch killer channel 4 by the way the boxer was the army guy David, who had boxed for the army was the aggressor, Ben made one jab at David and it knocked him out as he fell to the ground. Happened in the town i live in.ben has also has left the country because the death has haunted him so badly.
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 27th Feb
larrylightweight2 m ago

one punch killer channel 4 by the way the boxer was the army guy David, …one punch killer channel 4 by the way the boxer was the army guy David, who had boxed for the army was the aggressor, Ben made one jab at David and it knocked him out as he fell to the ground. Happened in the town i live in.ben has also has left the country because the death has haunted him so badly.

I bet it did, he wasn't in the wrong as just protected himself, imagine living with the knowledge you killed someone though.
I was thinking about an led flash light in the face , this would disable someone long enough to take control of a situation and would not be illegal. Would it?
Become U.S.President, you can insult whoever you like as they give you a Secret Service and a whole Armed Forces with a Special Big(ger than anyone else`s) Button to get rid of any troublemakers.

*Disclaimer none of this make work so just go and get a Taser from your local police(they will require you to join them and undergo some training in looking the part)
I did vale tudo for about 6 years in my twenties. Used it once, and now have a caution for affray! Think the run away option might be best in the future.

EDIT - Actually that caution will probably be spent now. What is it? Five years or so??
Edited by: "Krooner" 27th Feb
Uilleam1722 m ago

[Video]

Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Uilleam178 m ago

https://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=monkey+fist+self+defense&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rmvSB=true

And if you are going to get done with an offensive weapon you might aswell Carry a real effective one.
alltaken12327th Feb

I'm sorry if I trigger a bad memory, have they always intimidated you? …I'm sorry if I trigger a bad memory, have they always intimidated you? What started the fear?[Image]

Car, with all the drive thru McDonald's people won't need to get out of them anyway and if you run someone over your very unlikely to be sentenced to prison
Uilleam1730 m ago

https://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=monkey+fist+self+defense&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rmvSB=true

Just buy a key chain with a lot of keys on it
broadyo79636 m ago

I was thinking about an led flash light in the face , this would disable …I was thinking about an led flash light in the face , this would disable someone long enough to take control of a situation and would not be illegal. Would it?

Disable em for life!
The best way to defend yourself is to get your retaliation in first.
(c) Jack Reacher.
Flatulence and a face that can sour milk at twenty paces.

Edit: f***ing auto correct.
Edited by: "MSK." 28th Feb
I walk everywhere in a full suit of chain mail. Very effective self protection
deleted1166706
If there is one thing that can stop escalation, it’s tolerance.

Too many people take an offensive attitude when stepping outside, it’s visible in supermarkets when pushing by to get items, road rage over the simplest of things, the way in which people talk to one another and grumble.

Tolerance, it’s really not worth escalating the situation in the first place as most are ready to kick off at every opportunity.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions