Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Self haircut

Posted 24th MarEdited by:"Rune_2H"
Desperate times call for desperate measures so will be attempting to cut my own hair for the first time ever. I keep it simple with 0.5-1 on the sides and scissor cut on the top nothing fancy.

Does anyone do this on the regular and can suggest a budget clipper and comb/scissor kit for this purpose? The end result hardly matters
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
You can get a fairly decent Wahl one from Argos. argos.co.uk/pro…620

My barber uses some of these.
I always do my own, having a number 1 all over makes it easy.

The back can be a bit tricky but usually turns out ok! I just have some budget clippers, can't remember where I got them from but I wouldn't spend no more than £15 on a set.
Edited by: "McShane1" 24th Mar
What’s budget? I’ve had Philips 180 clippers for years think Argos and amazon are about £30 they let you do a decent enough cut all over
Rune_2H24/03/2020 13:37

Comment deleted

They would probably do fine.

argos.co.uk/pro…586 that is what I have but mine are years old and £50 is a lot for them. I assume you can find them cheaper.

If you are not alone then any clippers should be fine. Chances are no one is going to see you with bad hair cut anyways
You're going to cut the top with scissors?

Good luck with that
Rune_2H24/03/2020 13:33

Comment deleted

Mate do you realise how difficult it is to blend one back and side with a scissor on top? I have that haircut but with a skin fade as well. Don’t even attempt it. Just go for blade 2 or 3 all round to start with. It’ll be easier to do and not likely to mess your hair up. If it works well just go dow. To a one all over. At least when it grows out over time the barber can put his professional touch to it when all this blows over. I’m dusting my clippers off tonight for a one all over. You’d be amazed what a beanie hat can cover up!
Are Argos stores still open? Thought they’d be closed?
Rune_2H24/03/2020 14:23

Comment deleted

Ah, didn’t realise that. Crafty way to keep some open I suppose...
The wahl colour clippers are good been cutting my boys hair with them ones a teen and prefers it to the barbers when i do it so cant be that bad
Rune_2H24/03/2020 15:56

Comment deleted

Sorry just noticed the ones ive got are Remington those wahl ones seem good go for it
Diggsy24/03/2020 14:22

Are Argos stores still open? Thought they’d be closed?

My local was open yesterday, went to return an item.
nazmul55524/03/2020 16:54

My local was open yesterday, went to return an item.

I meant after the order from the PM last night
Post a before and after picture!
It’s only a matter oh time before hair clippers becomes the next toilet roll
fearghalg25/03/2020 11:22

Post a before and after picture!

This, can we have photos please.

I'm going to let the wife loose on back and sides over the weekend, already got a pair of clippers I got off Amazon.

Some Chinese brand which I bought for my beard, quite impressed actually how clean they cut.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 25th Mar
Sc4mp025/03/2020 20:48

This, can we have photos please.I'm going to let the wife loose on back …This, can we have photos please.I'm going to let the wife loose on back and sides over the weekend, already got a pair of clippers I got off Amazon.Some Chinese brand which I bought for my beard, quite impressed actually how clean they cut.

I’m dusting mine off too and starting with a 2 all over. I used to shave my head with a one all the time but have had it grown out the last few years. Gonna need a beanie especially during video conferencing with work whilst at home!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants