Self-isolation.New instructions

Posted 10th May
With what the PM said this evening does this mean the people who are self isolating due to health reasons(Severe asthma etc) have to return to work?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Ringfinger10/05/2020 23:56

Instructions are a bit vague. Not sure who goes back, when and he …Instructions are a bit vague. Not sure who goes back, when and he mentioned something about ' not before the 1st of July'. Very confusing. I can't work from home, I drive a coach so no one is going to use it... so I'll probably go back to be made redundant. Happy days! :/

Only vague and confusing to those with a motive to be confused. No change to health guidance. Employers own the issues around enabling their staff to work. People need to step up not wallow in indecision

Instructions are a bit vague. Not sure who goes back, when and he …Instructions are a bit vague. Not sure who goes back, when and he mentioned something about ' not before the 1st of July'. Very confusing. I can't work from home, I drive a coach so no one is going to use it... so I'll probably go back to be made redundant. Happy days! :/

You might find they need more coaches though to help with public transport, with social distancing they recon that buses will only be able to take between 10 and 15% of passengers.

more information to come tomorrow 50 pages in the document apparently and no way he could have talked us through it all.
12 Comments
Nothing changed on that side of things.
Edited by: "eslick" 10th May
I'm not being very helpful linking to this, but someone just sent me this twitter.com/Rea…569

As far as I could tell, Boris didn't mention anything about health conditions (unless I missed it). This website has just been updated acas.org.uk/cor…rus
Those shielding remain so. You’ll be told when your instructions change.
I'm not changing my currently behaviour in anyway. My employer already drafted plans and only those who need to be in the office are allowed, the rest continue to work from home or are furloughed.

My take is anyone with an existing medical reason should continue their shielding as they are currently.
Edited by: "darlodge" 11th May
Instructions are a bit vague. Not sure who goes back, when and he mentioned something about ' not before the 1st of July'. Very confusing. I can't work from home, I drive a coach so no one is going to use it... so I'll probably go back to be made redundant. Happy days! :/

You might find they need more coaches though to help with public transport, with social distancing they recon that buses will only be able to take between 10 and 15% of passengers.

more information to come tomorrow 50 pages in the document apparently and no way he could have talked us through it all.

Only vague and confusing to those with a motive to be confused. No change to health guidance. Employers own the issues around enabling their staff to work. People need to step up not wallow in indecision
ccnp11/05/2020 06:53

Only vague and confusing to those with a motive to be confused. No change …Only vague and confusing to those with a motive to be confused. No change to health guidance. Employers own the issues around enabling their staff to work. People need to step up not wallow in indecision

From Monday, people in England who "can't work from home" will be "actively encouraged to go to work" his own words. If we're supposed to go back today I should have been there a couple of hours ago.
I'd love to go back to work, though there is nothing I can do when I get there. I normally work 6 days out of 7 (limited by law, not choice) and I'm finding this lockdown hard. Not indecision, frustration.
Ringfinger11/05/2020 07:46

From Monday, people in England who "can't work from home" will be …From Monday, people in England who "can't work from home" will be "actively encouraged to go to work" his own words. If we're supposed to go back today I should have been there a couple of hours ago. I'd love to go back to work, though there is nothing I can do when I get there. I normally work 6 days out of 7 (limited by law, not choice) and I'm finding this lockdown hard. Not indecision, frustration.

yes as announced, there is some back tracking this morning to say it could be Wednesday but you would expect that employers will be informing staff. It obviously doesnt mean all though, most places wont be open and many wont be open for months yet.
Sorry to hear that. This horrible virus is causing misery for everyone and those of us who can self isolate feel somewhat guilty at our good fortune in being able to self isolate. Even them, not being able to mix with friends is getting harder but it's still nothing compared to the major risk of infecting someone else which comes, for me, a long way before the risk of loosing my own life.

The announcement made it clear that the first step is for the employer to ensure safe working conditions. After the employer has done that, they should notify you that you are expected to come back and how new working conditions operate. That was and is the message. If only the media would stick to that simple, clear message then people wouldn't find it confusing. But good news is no news and a bust up between leaders is what they really want. I'm so very angry that people are trying to make this confusing to improve their own self standing and opportunity to exert power.

I most sincerely hope you and your family stay safe and can find a way through this situation that is terrible for so many.
@Ccnp. Thanks. We're coping ok I can live with the lockdown, the uncertainty is the annoying thing. I think, having had a look today, the government have succumbed to the 'dripping tap' questioning by the media .."when are you easing lockdown?".. There's no coherent 'one size fits all' solution.
There's a Live broadcast in parliament outlining the new recommendations (FB link) facebook.com/wat…deo

(I know many won't be able to watch this, but for those who can)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions