Groups

Sell Old Vinyl Records

Any one know of any places that pay sensible prices for vinyl records - my OH has some Elvis Presley ones and some from other artists?

14 Comments

No, not really. Any place that sells vinyl will be about 'profit' & the majority of older cuts, unless they are first editions, mint, special editions etc. - are unlikely to sell well, so you will only get a minimal amount 2nd hand.

This is my understanding, but other may know of bulk buyers.

Although there is renewed interest in vinyl, we are only talking primarily re-issues, rarities & contemporary artists.

Many UK charities have boxes & boxes of old vinyl that they struggle to sell. My local Oxfam showed me an upper store room full to the brim with old vinyl collections.

Although its a pain in the ass at times, I'd say Ebay. List them at the lowest price possible and hope for the best.

I find it best to work out the value of what you have before looking for somewhere to offer you a good price. I have used this site before, you can find the serial number on each of your records and this will help determine its value.

discogs.com/

ebay

Depends where you live.....maybe a visit to a record shop.

Original Poster

thanks all.

What other artists do you have? (Might be setting you up for a right royal mocking here!)

here are collector specific site that will help u value them. could be a goldmine!
    i Have this bad biy, one of the original first recalled pressing with anti monarchist ravings on and its really expensive. got it free 20 years ago at a jumble sale
    discogs.com/Eri…967
    Edited by: "louloul" 9th Dec 2016

Original Poster

ijw0161

What other artists do you have? (Might be setting you up for a right … What other artists do you have? (Might be setting you up for a right royal mocking here!)

I did say they belong to my OH...

I know there is a book you can buy to give you the price of them but im sorry I cant remember the name ifyou do an internet search you should find it, it was on a tv program

I spotted Elvis & Olde Blue Eyes Frank Sinatra in 'The Works'.

They were available on the '2 for £10' too
    Edited by: "michellemccrea2" 9th Dec 2016

eBay them but do some research first Google is the answer

susmjck

I know there is a book you can buy to give you the price of them but im … I know there is a book you can buy to give you the price of them but im sorry I cant remember the name ifyou do an internet search you should find it, it was on a tv program

Have a look here. shop.recordcollectormag.com/pro…ion

FioRob

I find it best to work out the value of what you have before looking for … I find it best to work out the value of what you have before looking for somewhere to offer you a good price. I have used this site before, you can find the serial number on each of your records and this will help determine its value.https://www.discogs.com/

What this gent said, 100%.
    Edited by: "majestic2012" 9th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Thanks all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46