Sell on eBay now, after X-factor or tomorrow?

15 replies
Found 8th Nov 2009
When do you think it would be the best time to list my eBay items - now, after X-factor or tomorrow?
I'm thinking of a 7 day listing.

Thanks.

1. Misc
  2. X Factor
15 Comments

Why would it matter? Isn't it more important the time that the auctions finish, rather than when they begin :?

the footies starting now so best do it whilst x-factor is on

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6818978

Why would it matter? Isn't it more important the time that the auctions … Why would it matter? Isn't it more important the time that the auctions finish, rather than when they begin :?

I know, but it's all linked. If I list it now it'll end this time next week, if I list it after X-factor it'll end that time next week...I was wondering when people think it's best.
I have no idea if football or something is going on, so I thought I'd ask.

Original Poster

think;6818979

the footies starting now so best do it whilst x-factor is on

Thank you - I assume this means it'll be footie this time next week? (I don't watch football myself so have no idea :oops: )

sickly sweet;6819000

I know, but it's all linked. If I list it now it'll end this time next … I know, but it's all linked. If I list it now it'll end this time next week, if I list it after X-factor it'll end that time next week...I was wondering when people think it's best. I have no idea if football or something is going on, so I thought I'd ask.

Only if you do a 7 day listing. What a mittens thread.

sickly sweet;6819000

I know, but it's all linked. If I list it now it'll end this time next … I know, but it's all linked. If I list it now it'll end this time next week, if I list it after X-factor it'll end that time next week...I was wondering when people think it's best. I have no idea if football or something is going on, so I thought I'd ask.

Depends who many days you list for though (I normally list on a tuesday/wednesday for 10 days). Personally, I always find I get more interest on items finishing on a Friday or Saturday evening

England play Brazil at 5pm next Saturday, there are no big matches on Sunday

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6819014

Depends who many days you list for though (I normally list on a … Depends who many days you list for though (I normally list on a tuesday/wednesday for 10 days). Personally, I always find I get more interest on items finishing on a Friday or Saturday evening

I always thought people went out on Friday and Saturday evenings and thought Sundays were best - ooops.

Original Poster

Shengis;6819012

Only if you do a 7 day listing. What a mittens thread.

Agreed, I was a bit silly. I added to the OP I'm thinking of a 7 day listing now.

sickly sweet;6819032

I always thought people went out on Friday and Saturday evenings and … I always thought people went out on Friday and Saturday evenings and thought Sundays were best - ooops.

I'm talking more about 7pm - 7.30pm, rather than later on :thumbsup:

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6819070

I'm talking more about 7pm - 7.30pm, rather than later on :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll do that then, do a 5 day listing at 7ish tonight as most of them are popular things & tend to be last minute bids. I want to sell the stuff in the next 7 days, I thought I was doing so well waiting for today. :oops:

WHAT YOU SELLING WHY DONT YOU TRY ON HERE FIRST... whoops sorry about caps

it depends what you are selling. If you're selling something girly, make sure it finishes when football is on, if it's a spanner set make sure it finishes when strictly/xfactor is on.

Original Poster

paul1521;6819177

WHAT YOU SELLING WHY DONT YOU TRY ON HERE FIRST... whoops sorry about caps

I did think of this but the eBay items are either things I couldn't sell on here (multiple items), molton brown stuff which goes for a lot on there and doesn't sell well on here, some new toner cartridges for a specific printer - it's a mixed bunch of things I think will sell better on there.

Though I am putting together and taking photos of other things to try and sell on here aswell.

ooooh, what molton brown products? PM me with list and prices plz

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6819803

Sunday evening is always a good time to start/end a listing, somewhere … Sunday evening is always a good time to start/end a listing, somewhere between 7-9.

Thank you...hmmmmmm to list for 5 or 7 days. I'm just writing up the listings now, I had forgotten how long it takes!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50432
    2. hello fashion mag/jigsaw comp - win £1,000 to spend INSTORE at jigsaw88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…55
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201766

See more discussions