Sell To CeX Issues

Found 15th Nov 2011
Hi all, have recently sold and item to CeX (MW3 H.E) which they have received today. The so called 'evaluation' they gave me for my product was £63 for cash, however that has since dropped to £33 for the following reason;

Re. Sell-to-CeX Order Number: 762217
Order Date: 14 Nov 2011 11:18

Dear Mr X X
Thank you for trading with CeX.

One or more mobile handset or media player that you have sent us in your order has had it's grade changed. Please log into your CeX account online to check your status.

They claim that my product has had its grade changed which is incorrect as they have blatantly given me the price for the standard edition (which it is not). The price for the hardened edition currently is the same at the time of my sale (£63 cash, £68 credit). I have since emailed them explaining the situation (for which I'm sure they are fully aware was not a mistake and have deliberately given me the wrong price!). Does anybody know any contact numbers for CeX that actually work? Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

38 Comments

Mod & Ed

Cant help OP, sorry, but I have definately got to get my eyes tested, thought the title said something completely different oO

Good luck! Cex online are **** awful to deal with!

wishihadadonkey

Cant help OP, sorry, but I have definately got to get my eyes tested, … Cant help OP, sorry, but I have definately got to get my eyes tested, thought the title said something completely different oO

oO not guilty

They have no phone numbers and don't like replying to emails much either. Good luck, I hope you get it sorted. They're probably hoping you'll let it slide eventually, so they can bag themselves a bargain.

0845 345 1664 and a non-premium version 01923 228828

( found here from 2008 so don't know if they still work? avforums.com/for…tml )
Edited by: "nicster08" 15th Nov 2011

NEVER deal with CEX online!! I thought this was common knowledge?

Go to 'saynoto0870.com' search for Cex, get this number: 0845 345 1664 which translates to the free number of: 01923 228828, walla!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I've tried both numbers but no answer surely what they are doing is against trading regulations, by deliberately undervaluing a product by substituting the value with that of a cheaper one. If I don't receive the game back then should I refer to the situation to trading standards?

pieman4000

Thanks everyone, I've tried both numbers but no answer surely what … Thanks everyone, I've tried both numbers but no answer surely what they are doing is against trading regulations, by deliberately undervaluing a product by substituting the value with that of a cheaper one. If I don't receive the game back then should I refer to the situation to trading standards?

Yes, as a matter of principle but I don't think they'll do anything.

Persist in resolving the situation and don't give up. You can also try and post on their Facebook page's wall, as some staff seem to look at it sometimes. Don't bother going to the "discussions" section as it's full of complaints but no answers.

Original Poster

The 0845 number is an automated message that refers you to contact them by email; wecare@webuy.com and the non-premium 01923 number (automated) 'says this number is temporarily out of order, sorry for any inconvenience'. It's not the situation that annoys me now, it's the email address 'wecare@webuy.com', clearly they care...hypocrites!

how about calling one of the stores and asking for a head office number?

nicster08

how about calling one of the stores and asking for a head office number?

They don't give out phone numbers for their stores.

No phone numbers for stores, emails it 6 times, might get a responce quicker, but yes, you'll be waiting a while, persist, and you will get the price.

op was it sealed

sue 'em....

If it wasn't sealed then you'll get £33 for it (as thats the price for the HE not sealed). If it WAS sealed then you are entitled to £63.

Simples.

tomwatts

If it wasn't sealed then you'll get £33 for it (as thats the price for … If it wasn't sealed then you'll get £33 for it (as thats the price for the HE not sealed). If it WAS sealed then you are entitled to £63.Simples.

CEX don't take sealed games I thought ?

Original Poster

No it wasn't sealed but CeX don't sell new products, everything is second hand. I've just checked on the CeX website and next to the Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition listing there is an (S) in brackets so I'm guessing this means sealed. Will I have to pay for delivery do you think for them to send the game back to me?

Thanks again guys

Petrol bomb ur local store

They take the hardened edition sealed - they have to as the whole point of it is the codes?!

Some people are remarkable on here.

You thought youd get £63 for a pretty boxed version of a game worth £33.

Jeeeeez

CeX have never done me out of money from selling online (always sell electrical equipment they have to grade instore and keep it in eyesight if possible though!)

This is just some misguided person after some sympathy after he can't make a profit on it after using the elite codes...

tomwatts

They take the hardened edition sealed - they have to as the whole point … They take the hardened edition sealed - they have to as the whole point of it is the codes?!Some people are remarkable on here.You thought youd get £63 for a pretty boxed version of a game worth £33.Jeeeeez

tomwatts

CeX have never done me out of money from selling online (always sell … CeX have never done me out of money from selling online (always sell electrical equipment they have to grade instore and keep it in eyesight if possible though!)This is just some misguided person after some sympathy after he can't make a profit on it after using the elite codes...

No it's someone that obviously didn't know that it was only £63 if the game was sealed hence feeling a little bit hard done by. Who said anything about profit? maybe he just sold it because he didn't like MW3?

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=503091709714S

Where does it say sealed ? It does say (s) but that means jack.
When I send any other game etc then they say they dont want it sealed....

Very harsh on OP

Banned

So they offered £68 with the code?

You've used the code and now offer £33?

Seems fair to me

dimebars

So they offered £68 with the code?You've used the code and now offer … So they offered £68 with the code?You've used the code and now offer £33?Seems fair to me

You are missing the point. Even the the selling page does not mention it..http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=503091709714S

Every other game I have ever seen on CEX says "no DLC" etc. This does not say you need DLC etc etc.

I might be usure if selling to them and ask...but I dont see how CEX can not take blame for this. In fact, they do not even have 2 versions of this for sale (e.g. with and without DLC). Therefore, the OP has done nothing wrong.

Banned

How are CEX to blame for offering the same as the normal game with no DLC for the hardened edition with the DLC used? Get a grip

pieman4000

No it wasn't sealed but CeX don't sell new products, everything is second … No it wasn't sealed but CeX don't sell new products, everything is second hand. I've just checked on the CeX website and next to the Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition listing there is an (S) in brackets so I'm guessing this means sealed. Will I have to pay for delivery do you think for them to send the game back to me? Thanks again guys

I bought a brand new copy of Battlefield 3, it wasn't sealed but had everything with it. (Codes etc, and came directly from there supplier)

smashed

You are missing the point. Even the the selling page does not mention … You are missing the point. Even the the selling page does not mention it..http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=503091709714SEvery other game I have ever seen on CEX says "no DLC" etc. This does not say you need DLC etc etc. I might be usure if selling to them and ask...but I dont see how CEX can not take blame for this. In fact, they do not even have 2 versions of this for sale (e.g. with and without DLC). Therefore, the OP has done nothing wrong.

CeX Help Page states: "Some items will have an (S) at the end of the description on our website, this represents the requirement for the item to remain sealed. These items may sometimes still be available to sell if they have been used at a lower price. Please be aware that any items sent to us that are unsealed with the (S) on the description will be changed to their unsealed counterparts"

In their T&C's...
What condition should my Games, DVD's, BluRay's and other software be in?
Some of these items can be worth different values depending on condition, it is important to pay close attention to our product descriptions to yield the most value from your items when selling to us.+ to avoid delays to your order.

Some items will have an (S) at the end of the description on our website, this represents the requirement for the item to remain sealed. These items may sometimes still be available to sell if they have been used at a lower price. Please be aware that any items sent to us that are unsealed with the (S) on the description will be changed to their unsealed counterparts, items that can only be bought as sealed and are sent unsealed will be disposed of or returned based on your original order requirements.

This should not be hidden away. It may seem more obvious for this item but no doubt others would make the same mistake on other items

Banned

So you now agree that the listing was marked (S) for sealed and the OP sent an unsealed version? And that the OP should have read those t&c's before sending anything away?

How is it CEX's fault?

I work in web development.
I would not put a squiggle in a title then blame a customer if he did not trawl through the T&C's to see what the squiggle meant.

This is not in the T&C and does not even link to this at any point during the process . It is just in a "help" section.
Stick it in the basket and go through the process. No mention or hint of T&Cs.

There is no "unsealed" version to choose either.

Which is probably why they have offered £33 for the game as the rest has no value to CEX hence the fact the HE unsealed is not listed

I am not arguing that £68 is overpriced for a game without Elite etc. But the site is flawed and very unclear for this particular item.

(s) means sealed hahahah

Banned

So you agree the OP is in the wrong?

Evidently not.
The company has no clear information which says that this must be sealed.
Listing 1 out of every 1000 items with an (s) and then putting it in a help page which you are not directed to throughout the process is the failure of CEX not the OP.

I have sold countless things to CEX and I would not have a clue if any of the items I sold had an (s) in the title as I would not have noticed.

Banned

It doesn't make it their fault that the OP

1. Didnt read said T&Cs
2. Tried to pull a fast one by getting £68 for an unsealed game with the DLC codes used that's only worth £33

The website design has nothing to do with fault.

A co that is regularly reported as not answering phones nor email nor have a store phone says it all. Stating Trading standards in email titles may prompt an answer.
Post a comment
@
    Text