Expired

Seller wants me to return item to a different address...

Found 9th Apr 2014
After receiving an item not as described and opening a case, the seller has finally agreed to a refund but on the resolution centre has sent a message showing the address to post it to.

I am pretty sure this is not his PayPal address as he has been telling me he is abroad at the moment and on this particular message states that the address he has provided is a friends house. However, I was wondering if I would be covered by PayPal should he then say he did not receive the parcel?

The address he wants me to return the parcel to is clearly visible on the PayPal resolution centre message.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Why don't you contact paypal and ebay for 100% clarification. This way the important people will have a log of your questions and it goes back on them.
I would agree with 'glass_half_full' as above; don't send before asking eBay, and go with whatever they say. Hope you get your refund
Agree with above, otherwise he can say he never received it & you won't get refunded.
Hi,
You should talk to PayPal directly for verification . I am pretty sure you should only send it back to either the address PayPal has on record or to an address Paypal Has agreed with or specified - so ask for clarity!
"Please send back to (address).This is one of my friends houses and will collect and check the phone out. If all is ok I will refund soon as poss. Sorry for inconvenience"

This is what the seller has posted on the resolution centre but I have just sent an email to PayPal to clarify the situation so I should find out within 1-2 days what to do.
I have been trading on ebay for many years now and have come across this situation a few times. Always return or send an item to the registerd address.
Syphon83

I have been trading on ebay for many years now and have come across this … I have been trading on ebay for many years now and have come across this situation a few times. Always return or send an item to the registerd address.

this is the best way to go and update this thread when paypal reply to you.
I was given a generic automated email as a reply which didn't really answer the question so I phoned them instead. I was told that as long as the return address given is documented on the resolution centre, I will be covered by PayPal.

Hope this helps
momanisdabest

I was given a generic automated email as a reply which didn't really … I was given a generic automated email as a reply which didn't really answer the question so I phoned them instead. I was told that as long as the return address given is documented on the resolution centre, I will be covered by PayPal. Hope this helps

and did you get this in writing afterwards by email - as a confirmation of your call?

I would not trust any info given over the phone by any company - always get such information confirmed by email

EliTom
i agree with elitom ,easy enough for them to say they never said that.You should have recorded the conversation
You can ignore a number of comments on here.
By sending it back to the registered address you are complying with PayPal's terms and conditions (small print) of the dispute.
You don't need to ask for it in writing because you already have it - by entering into the dispute in the first place.
When you post it back you will need to send it recorded delivery - if the item value is over £46 - enter the tracking number into the dispute comments box. if the item is less valuable get a certificate of posting (which is free)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants