Groups

Seller withdrawing item on ebay that I have won

I'm hoping that someone can help me. I have just won an item in ebay for 99p. It is for a baby bouncer. I was the only bidder and she had put a buy it now price on for £10. She has now emailed me stating she made a mistake and is refusing to sell it for 99p. She had other items for sale without a buy in now price and has said because she is new to this she thought that she was putting down a minimum amount. She only has a rating of 7 but still.... What do you think??

69 Comments

[COLOR="Red"]Cry???[/COLOR]

she doesnt have to sellit and it does sound like a mistake to be honest bearing in mind her feedback

Give her the benefit of the doubt and move on..

Report them to ebay and leave a neg. Simples.

contact ebay, it is a 'contract' and you have won

put in a dispute.. She is still meant to keep to the sale.
    Thats really naughty of her.

Am not too sure wot can happen here..........but I had a bad experience today similar

I bid and won 3 Beano Dvds which had free postage. winning bid was 50p. Today she emailed saying sorry wont be sending them as she has been flooded and dvd's been damaged ----- yeah right.

She is new seller with no feedback - well she now has one negative feedback

Good luck!

Banned

Sue for loss of bargain.

bossyboots;6346434

She is new seller with no feedback - well she now has one negative … She is new seller with no feedback - well she now has one negative feedback

Good for you....... makes it more difficult to pull that stunt again!

p.s wookiemummy congrats on your 1000th post!

cribert;6346429

contact ebay, it is a 'contract' and you have won

its NOT legally binding seller does not have to sell it id just move on and try another auction

report it neg it or forget it

ebay is full of liars some of the stories i have heard are beyond belief

Original Poster

I have just looked through her recent sellings and she has sold 2 items recently with only one bid. One for £10 and one for £7.50 so she must have known how to list those correctly!! She has a expensive item being bid on now. I've got a good mind to put in some silly amount in and then refuse to pay!!! Thing is I was going to give her £3 anyway as it was so low and I am collecting it

wookiemummy;6346476

I have just looked through her recent sellings and she has sold 2 items … I have just looked through her recent sellings and she has sold 2 items recently with only one bid. One for £10 and one for £7.50 so she must have known how to list those correctly!! She has a expensive item being bid on now. I've got a good mind to put in some silly amount in and then refuse to pay!!! Thing is I was going to give her £3 anyway as it was so low and I am collecting it

neg:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Gutted!!! Missed my 1000 post I was too busy moaning!!!!

that is really annoying but appart from neg fb there is not much you can do, if it were the other way I don't expect you'd want to sell for 99p either.

I recently won gta on psp for £2 and am half expecting it to 'get lost in the post'

wookiemummy;6346491

Gutted!!! Missed my 1000 post I was too busy moaning!!!!

lol congrats on your 1002nd post then

id report to ebay. Or else they do it again and again.
    Ive sold stuff plenty for 99p and because i was new i didnt account for paypal fees andebay fees and then the post office bloke insisted it couldnt go as large letter even though it fitted the slot they have. So ended up out of pocket.
    But you suck it up invest in fab scales and make sure it dont happen again

ilovepink;6346468

report it neg it or forget it ebay is full of liars some of the stories i … report it neg it or forget it ebay is full of liars some of the stories i have heard are beyond belief

I sometimes read the stories on the community pages on ebay - and yes they are unbelievable.

Dont bid on her stuff then refuse to pay she will just give you negative feedback, just give her negative feedback and let other buyers know that she cant be trusted.

Neg it then move on.

owens101;6346499

that is really annoying but appart from neg fb there is not much you can … that is really annoying but appart from neg fb there is not much you can do, if it were the other way I don't expect you'd want to sell for 99p either.I recently won gta on psp for £2 and am half expecting it to 'get lost in the post'

Well I won this for £2.99 : 180401129437

Paid the postage on it and still got a bargain as the games worth about £15 on it's own. Not all sellers are rogue

fandan;6346539

Dont bid on her stuff then refuse to pay she will just give you negative … Dont bid on her stuff then refuse to pay she will just give you negative feedback, just give her negative feedback and let other buyers know that she cant be trusted.

Sellers can't leave negs.......

Original Poster

I sold something recently and ended up losing out but that is the way it is. I would never go back on my word. That is the risk you take starting in 99p. She obviously knew how to put the other stuff on correctly. I'll wait for her response and will then report her and leave negative feedback. As much as I would love to place false bids on her pushchair ( now at £200) I won't as I am not a nasty person!!

Original Poster

Shengis;6346551

Sellers can't leave negs.......

Hmmmmm...thinking about it now....am I really that spiteful??!!:whistling:

wookiemummy;6346582

Hmmmmm...thinking about it now....am I really that spiteful??!!:whistling:

just move on it may have been honest mistake if not karma will get her wth her £200 pram buyer will raise a dispute and paypal will payout lol

If you neg her for it, then you have had your say, bit mean to also spoil another of her auctions IMO. If she had left you out of pocket, then maybe, but she hasn't.

Move on. Don't neg as it may be an honest error. Mistakes happen.

Original Poster

I wouldn't mind but I didn't bid on another auction which finished an hour before because I wanted her one as she was more local and the item looked better. I might try emailing the other seller to see if I can buy that one instead of them relisting

Original Poster

Marina;6346633

Move on. Don't neg as it may be an honest error. Mistakes happen.

I honestly don't think it was a mistake as she has sold 2 other items with one bid for £7.50 and £10 so she must have known how to do it...and who doesn't check the listing they have put on?? I am all for accepting it if it was a mistake, It's not like she would have made a fortune, they don't sell for more than £5 in any case. She has now said in her email it is brand new but listed it as used...make your mind up...grrrrrrrr!!!!!!

wookiemummy;6346667

I honestly don't think it was a mistake as she has sold 2 other items … I honestly don't think it was a mistake as she has sold 2 other items with one bid for £7.50 and £10 so she must have known how to do it...and who doesn't check the listing they have put on?? I am all for accepting it if it was a mistake, It's not like she would have made a fortune, they don't sell for more than £5 in any case. She has now said in her email it is brand new but listed it as used...make your mind up...grrrrrrrr!!!!!!

So you've missed out on an even bigger bargain. Neg for sure :giggle:

You're just annoyed as you thought you had a bargain, but you haven't after all. Neg her and move on.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;6346720

You're just annoyed as you thought you had a bargain, but you haven't … You're just annoyed as you thought you had a bargain, but you haven't after all. Neg her and move on.

You are right....but it feels much better to have a moan too!!!!!:-D

Get over it. Maybe she did make a mistake.Give her the benefit of the doubt and move on.
    C'est la vie.

jamstaruk1972;6346450

its NOT legally binding seller does not have to sell it id just move on … its NOT legally binding seller does not have to sell it id just move on and try another auction

Correct.... And what if she made a mistake in her listing !

I have 1300+ FB on ebay from 10 years worth of buying and selling, I think I listed about 3 things over the years by mistake, not easy to notice if you do a few at one time and forget a reserve etc...

Move on to your next auction, but if you are that kind of person that has to leave a neg, knowing you cant get one back, it's no good asking us what to do !!

maxmix

I suppose they made a 'mistake' starting the Quinny Buzz at 99p as well? Didn't want to pay a listing fee more like and start it at a realistic price, thought they'd risk it then pull out if they didn't get what they wanted.

wookiemummy;6346476

I have just looked through her recent sellings and she has sold 2 items … I have just looked through her recent sellings and she has sold 2 items recently with only one bid. One for £10 and one for £7.50 so she must have known how to list those correctly!! She has a expensive item being bid on now. I've got a good mind to put in some silly amount in and then refuse to pay!!! Thing is I was going to give her £3 anyway as it was so low and I am collecting it

I suggest that you communicate this with seller and propose what you just said above. It might be resolved amicable, if not, negative feedback would be the last resort.

Banned

Bobef90;6347768

Get over it. Maybe she did make a mistake.Give her the benefit of the … Get over it. Maybe she did make a mistake.Give her the benefit of the doubt and move on.C'est la vie.

That's exactly what the last 10 people she did it to said. If only they'd not wimped out and left neg feedback, the OP might not be in this position now.

Looking above, its clear she's pulling a fast one and wriggling out because no one else bid. Auctions are not for someone who's not prepared to take a gamble.

wookiemummy;6346667

I honestly don't think it was a mistake as she has sold 2 other items … I honestly don't think it was a mistake as she has sold 2 other items with one bid for £7.50 and £10 so she must have known how to do it...and who doesn't check the listing they have put on?? I am all for accepting it if it was a mistake, It's not like she would have made a fortune, they don't sell for more than £5 in any case. She has now said in her email it is brand new but listed it as used...make your mind up...grrrrrrrr!!!!!!

She has obviously just started buying/selling on ebay as she has only 7 ratings. She must have expected higher bids. I have 280+ feedback and I have made mistakes while relisting not noticing the amount until someone has bought it. I have apologised and refunded straightaway. No one has given me neg and I'm grateful for that. I am uber careful these days while listing.

I have put up with many stories too, recently someone posted an item after a month of auction ending and gave a wedding story. I did not neg them as who knows they may have told the truth.

As long as you haven't lost any money due to someone's mistake, think you can send them a polite email that they should be careful in future while listing and move on. Thats my view anyway.:thumbsup:

Banned

maxmix;6348109

Correct.... And what if she made a mistake in her listing !I have 1300+ … Correct.... And what if she made a mistake in her listing !I have 1300+ FB on ebay from 10 years worth of buying and selling, I think I listed about 3 things over the years by mistake, not easy to notice if you do a few at one time and forget a reserve etc...Move on to your next auction, but if you are that kind of person that has to leave a neg, knowing you cant get one back, it's no good asking us what to do !!maxmix

If she's new to ebay its unlikely she was listing that many that she wouldn't have noticed her mistake.
    I would say its more likely she was trying to avoid a listing fee, but if you start low and it sells low you should sell it.
    She deserves at the very least a neutral.

Neg...! Neg...! Neg...! Neg...! Neg...! Neg...! Neg...! Neg...!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions