Where to Sell a brand new PS4

Posted 9th Nov
Hi guys I recieved a free PS4 fortnite package when I renewed my virgin package a few weeks ago, was going to give to my daughter for Christmas however she now wants a switch!
Where would I be best trying to sell it or trade it on a switch, brand new in box!
Will game cex etc take my pants down?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Depends on how quick you want it done; selling private (eBay / Gumtree) is always going to get you more but will take longer and is a little bit more faff (selling fees / shipping etc...) - on the plus side you are hitting it the best time of year to sell it; if you go to CeX you will likely get less but it will be a relatively painless transaction and you can get credit against a Switch which will come with a 2 year warranty.

If it were me, at this time of year, I would give the private sale a go for a few weeks then trot it up to CeX for the exchange if it doesn’t sell - just be aware to keep an eye on stocks at CeX as they do get blitzed before Xmas.

Hope it helps
£1 FVF on eBay this weekend if you was eligible, if so get it on there before Black Friday sales make it worthless.
I sold my free one Facebook local selling page for £200
Did yours come with the free 1 year PSN subscription as stated? Mine wasn’t in the packaging neither the box
jayonline8509/11/2019 09:21

Did yours come with the free 1 year PSN subscription as stated? Mine …Did yours come with the free 1 year PSN subscription as stated? Mine wasn’t in the packaging neither the box

It says it has it on the box but i haven’t opened the box yet!
Try selling it on AVForums. Can sell all sorts on there. It’s where i normally sell my mobiles when I’m ready to pass them on.
Definitely private - cash in hand sale - via Gumtree. Someone will take your arm off, if priced correctly. You got it for free so you can advertise at a bargain price. Then you can put the money towards the laptop you're after. Hehe.

Add a little bit on to be 'knocked off' by the buyer. Be really honest in your listing and explain it is an unwanted contract upgrade. This way, it instills confidence in they buyer as to why you're getting rid of a "brand new" console. I would also suggest you use 'Email' as your only contact method.

Good luck, glenandem. I bet if you advertised it right now, it'd be gone by the weekends finish!
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 9th Nov
Do it now before black Friday and the Monday offer thing day
Cheers for replies what do you think I could advertise it for, I seen them in game for £250 so was thinking around £200?
It might go for more if we knew what firmware was on the machine
Cunny09/11/2019 14:20

It might go for more if we knew what firmware was on the machine

Try about £220. Be prepared to rebuff the I can give you £110 cash today offers. Then let people get serious.

You won’t get £220 but it lets people knock you down. £190 would probably be decent enough.
Going rate be around £180 considering no receipt for warranty
How much ?
rimalpatel00709/11/2019 15:46

Going rate be around £180 considering no receipt for warranty

Don't need a receipt. Use the online chat or phone to call up Sony. Ask them to check warranty and they'll tell you how much time you have left on it.

You can even ask for an email to be sent which states the serial number and warranty remaining time - adds value to console on eBay and such sites.

Done it myself in the past for consoles I bought myself and the time remaining given by Sony matched the time I had the console for from new
Also I'd wait till the £1 fee deal and put it on eBay. Christmas coming up and Fortnite still being a popular game, the bundle will attract attention and you may get around the £200 mark.

Price it around 220 and accept offers around 200 or hopefully the 220 BIN price.

Unless you want to be taken for a ride by CEX
Edited by: "TheUser123" 10th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants