Groups

selling a car on ebay

if i sell a car on ebay for £2000 how much do they charge???

15 Comments

Banned

insertion fee for items over £100 is
    £1.30

then final value fee
    for items 600.00 or more

9.9% of the initial £49.99 (£4.95) + 5.9% of the initial £50.00 - £599.99 (£32.45) + 1.9% of the remaining balance of the final selling price.

um....

£40.80 i think that is

then any paypal fees on top (unless you do cash on pickup)

source: pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

It depends on which type of listing that you use.

Approx £28

Use ]this website to calculate.
    Exactly £28 ebay fees (and if they pay by paypal you're looking at £68.20 fees there).

i would sell elsewhere - i sold a vespa on ebay and had jokers bidding then asking questions afterwards etc
    but if you do decide to go down that route make sure everthing is listed and sold as seen (i would also try to convince people to come to inspect the car before bidding)

and payment i would say cash on collection save on fees

To sell a car on a classified on ebay is a just one fee. £12.99 listing. No final value fee.

yeah but make sure unlike all responces above that you DO NOT accept paypal, otherwise you could end up with a chargeback on your hands.

Banned

£999.99

peodude;7783247

To sell a car on a classified on ebay is a just one fee. £12.99 listing. … To sell a car on a classified on ebay is a just one fee. £12.99 listing. No final value fee.

Whats the difference between a normal and classified?

I wouldn't bother with ebay. Too risky. I advertised mine for free on these three sites, and it was sold for the full asking price within 12 hours of listing. Have a crack at this first.

]link

]lnik

]knil

Carley;7783609

Fair enough trying those sites first but how is eBay more risky? as long … Fair enough trying those sites first but how is eBay more risky? as long as you are aware of the ]scams and don't fall for them then it's as safe as any other site.

Just what I've learnt from a thread or two where someone who paid for something in CASH was still refunded through ebay as a goodwill gesture. Not worth it in my opinion. They may have been fibbing, but it IS in the small print somewhere. Sellers just have no rights anymore.

Carley;7783666

Was that the thread for a £60 pair of curtains where eBay refunded the … Was that the thread for a £60 pair of curtains where eBay refunded the money from their own pockets?

Yes.

Had a flawless experience selling our car within 24 hours of it on ebay - tried the free listing sites with no leads at all.

For £13 it's a bargain!

Original Poster

ty to all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1940
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3501273
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764595
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1638

See more discussions