Selling a car privately

Found 8th Apr
As the seller whats the safest way to handle the sale once a price has been agreed?
Assuming they don't want to come round mine with a load of cash?

We're talking a few thousand pounds.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Once a decision has been made both parties go together to the bank and buyer transfers money to your account, you verify money has been received by your bank and then everything is done fill in log book details give them a receipt, job done.
Get them to transfer £1 and verify its in your account.. Then and only then get them to transfer remaining amount.Transfer ownership via dvla website.. That it as far as you are concerned.. It's up to them to tax and insure prior to driving off. Offer wifi access to them if they need it or they can come and collect car later when they sorted
Edited by: "wayners" 8th Apr
Dyslexic_Dog6 h, 59 m ago

Once a decision has been made both parties go together to the bank and …Once a decision has been made both parties go together to the bank and buyer transfers money to your account, you verify money has been received by your bank and then everything is done fill in log book details give them a receipt, job done.

Yes, this is what i did. Meet at the bank, count the money both go in and hand over money to cashier so if they are using fake notes it can be spotted. Once money has been deposited, sign over the log book.
there is NO come back on paypal gift or bank transfer.

best way is paperwork stating that they looked over the car and sold as seen/tested and that the buyer is happy to go to sellers bank to put in cash in front of cctv etc
gatwick201838 m ago

there is NO come back on paypal gift or bank transfer.best way is …there is NO come back on paypal gift or bank transfer.best way is paperwork stating that they looked over the car and sold as seen/tested and that the buyer is happy to go to sellers bank to put in cash in front of cctv etc

Surely bank transfer would suit me as the seller?
I can understand the buyer being nervous about carrying several thousand pounds, even into a bank.
Edited by: "Uranus" 9th Apr
I've done this before - crazy guy arrived on a train from Wales with £7k in a bag!

We went to my bank and they counted out the money directly into my account.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants