Selling advice

Found 18th Aug 2017
Hi all

I'm looking for some advice on how much I should ask for when selling my iMac and wondered if anyone could advise?

Here's the specs:

It's a 27" iMac from Late 2012 (the first of the slim iMac's)

3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (3770) processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
8GB (now 24GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory; four user-accessible SO-DIMM slots
768GB of flash storage
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX with 2GB of GDDR5 memory

Connections and Expansion
SDXC card slot
Four USB 3 ports
Two Thunderbolt ports
Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)

802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible

Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology

Size and Weight
Height: 20.3 inches (51.6 cm)
Width: 25.6 inches (65.0 cm)
Stand depth: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
Weight: 21 pounds (9.54 kg)

Any help is appreciated thank you
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Easiest way to know is to look at ending auctions on ebay for the same one, could maybe add £100 for the extra RAM and SSD.
Look on webuy.co.uk and see how much they buy n sell it for and do the middle price its what i do
Another good place is to ask for a price check here too:

nm.reddit.com/r/H…ew/
Very quick search on eBay for 'iMac 27 2012' shows Buy Now prices ranging from £600 upwards (for i3 models), when searching further for 'iMac 27 2012 i7' cheapest seems to be a 16gb refurb for £749 buy now free p&p.

An option might be to sell 16gb of the RAM separately...?

Not everyone needs 24gb on what is a very quick machine with 8gb, cheapest 16gb I can see, after a very quick search is around £100, the iMac might sell quicker if it was £100 cheaper....?
Edited by: "andynicol" 18th Aug 2017
I've already checked eBay and prices are all over the shop, mine is too spec in every department but very few are the same on eBay so it's hard to get a price.

ill have a look on that forum now darth cheer
MiiCK16 h, 54 m ago

I've already checked eBay and prices are all over the shop, mine is too …I've already checked eBay and prices are all over the shop, mine is too spec in every department but very few are the same on eBay so it's hard to get a price.ill have a look on that forum now darth cheer

Is this the same spec....?

Only 16gb RAM and states the screen isn't the best, but its a guideline to price yours, got to be £100 for the extra RAM and if your screens perfect, then I'd suggest an asking price of around £875.
Edited by: "andynicol" 19th Aug 2017
Yeah Andy, but that seems to have a damaged screen and it has a 1TB standard hard drive whereas mine has a 768GB SSD, I think I could be asking for £1000 honestly 🤔
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants