Selling Amazon Echo Dot

Posted 28th Nov
Got one that's surplus and never opened. Do I need to open it to deregister it from my account or anything before selling or giving away?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Haircut_10028/11/2019 18:38

If you’ve never opened it then I don’t think you’ve got anything to worry a …If you’ve never opened it then I don’t think you’ve got anything to worry about. Surely you’d only need to deregister it if you’d have opened it, turned it on, and set it up with your Amazon account.

When you buy it, it defaults to linking to your account. You have to opt out and select 'this will be a gift'.

39162878-Ls0qQ.jpg
Edited by: "deeky" 28th Nov
11 Comments
Can deregister on the amazon app under your account then content and devices
If you’ve never opened it then I don’t think you’ve got anything to worry about. Surely you’d only need to deregister it if you’d have opened it, turned it on, and set it up with your Amazon account.
Interested to know this.

If you’ve never opened it then I don’t think you’ve got anything to worry a …If you’ve never opened it then I don’t think you’ve got anything to worry about. Surely you’d only need to deregister it if you’d have opened it, turned it on, and set it up with your Amazon account.

Unless you tell Amazon otherwise (assuming it was bought from Amazon) then you account is automatically registered to the device.
McShane128/11/2019 19:01

Unless you tell Amazon otherwise (assuming it was bought from Amazon) then …Unless you tell Amazon otherwise (assuming it was bought from Amazon) then you account is automatically registered to the device.

Are you sure about that? Why would Amazon automatically register an Echo device to your account without you actually turning it on, what if you bought one as a gift for someone?

When you buy it, it defaults to linking to your account. You have to opt out and select 'this will be a gift'.

39162878-Ls0qQ.jpg
Edited by: "deeky" 28th Nov
Haircut_10028/11/2019 19:05

Are you sure about that? Why would Amazon automatically register an Echo …Are you sure about that? Why would Amazon automatically register an Echo device to your account without you actually turning it on, what if you bought one as a gift for someone?

Yes I'm sure. They do it with all their devices. If it's a gift for someone, like I said, you can opt out of the option for the device to be registered.
Haircut_10028/11/2019 19:05

Are you sure about that? Why would Amazon automatically register an Echo …Are you sure about that? Why would Amazon automatically register an Echo device to your account without you actually turning it on, what if you bought one as a gift for someone?

They are sure. Amazon register to the account that orders it and defaults to the delivery address for location services. This all only applies if bought from them.
deeky28/11/2019 19:05

When you buy it, it defaults to linking to your account. You have to opt …When you buy it, it defaults to linking to your account. You have to opt out and select 'this will be a gift'.[Image]

McShane128/11/2019 19:06

Yes I'm sure. They do it with all their devices. If it's a gift for …Yes I'm sure. They do it with all their devices. If it's a gift for someone, like I said, you can opt out of the option for the device to be registered.

Oneday7728/11/2019 19:43

They are sure. Amazon register to the account that orders it and defaults …They are sure. Amazon register to the account that orders it and defaults to the delivery address for location services. This all only applies if bought from them.

Wow! I never knew that, it's quite sneaky of them isn't it. It seems rather unnecessary of them to do that.
McShane128/11/2019 19:06

Yes I'm sure. They do it with all their devices. If it's a gift for …Yes I'm sure. They do it with all their devices. If it's a gift for someone, like I said, you can opt out of the option for the device to be registered.

That's creepy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants