Selling an iPhone

Posted 15th Feb
I’ve upgraded to an iPhone 11 via O2, and my contract on my 6s has now ended with Carphone warehouse. I’ve never bothered selling a phone before but thought I might put it on eBay - is it simply a case of removing the sim or does it need to be wiped?

Sorry - novice question
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I sold an Iphone on Ebay and the seller filled a return 2 months later saying the screen was faulty.
Ebay sided with them and gave them a refund.
I had to pay return postage as well as the full refund.

My son uses the phone now and has done for over a year without issue.

I would never sell a phone on ebay again. Cash in hand only.
14 Comments
I wouldn't sell on ebay, too many scammers, I would try facebook marketplace and Sphock first cash on collection only then try cex secondly.

you should do a factory reset the phone and remove the sim too and keep that . good luck with what you decide
Edited by: "Douglas_Birks" 15th Feb
deleted1899017
Before you factory reset it it make sure you turn off find my iPhone and sign out of iCloud or the buyer will not be able to use it
Thanks both - I’d already removed the sim to put in my new phone - can I still wipe the 6s or do I need to put the sim back in?
Try music magpie....
they have me the most decent offer for my 6s plus
Ianaf7215/02/2020 08:51

Thanks both - I’d already removed the sim to put in my new phone - can I s …Thanks both - I’d already removed the sim to put in my new phone - can I still wipe the 6s or do I need to put the sim back in?

Remove from icloud aswell
I usually send mine off to Mazuma mobile. They are very good.
Ianaf7215/02/2020 08:51

Thanks both - I’d already removed the sim to put in my new phone - can I s …Thanks both - I’d already removed the sim to put in my new phone - can I still wipe the 6s or do I need to put the sim back in?

Yes, You can wipe it, No need to put your sim in.
Keep as back up. I’d still wipe any residue from it mind. What on earth have you been doing with it?
I sold an Iphone on Ebay and the seller filled a return 2 months later saying the screen was faulty.
Ebay sided with them and gave them a refund.
I had to pay return postage as well as the full refund.

My son uses the phone now and has done for over a year without issue.

I would never sell a phone on ebay again. Cash in hand only.
JumpMan198015/02/2020 12:02

Keep as back up. I’d still wipe any residue from it mind. What on earth h …Keep as back up. I’d still wipe any residue from it mind. What on earth have you been doing with it?

Eh? I want to sell it so I should wipe it...
Ianaf7215/02/2020 14:28

Eh? I want to sell it so I should wipe it...

How much you reckon you’ll get?
JumpMan198015/02/2020 17:10

How much you reckon you’ll get?

No idea, but more than it’ll get sat on the shelf.
Iphone 6s usually go from around £65 it isnt worth selling it on ebay. Too much hassle and as above way to may scammers.

sell it locally social media marketplace. See if any family members/mates are interested for their kids.

Personally this is why i hate this forum getting rid of the for sale section on here.
Deleted_16/02/2020 22:04

Iphone 6s usually go from around £65 it isnt worth selling it on ebay. Too …Iphone 6s usually go from around £65 it isnt worth selling it on ebay. Too much hassle and as above way to may scammers. sell it locally social media marketplace. See if any family members/mates are interested for their kids. Personally this is why i hate this forum getting rid of the for sale section on here.

Thanks for the comments, although my question was about wiping my phone - not trying to sell it on here.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants