Selling an iPhone on Ebay

Hi, I was just wonder if the following is allowed on Ebay.

Basically I bought a 16GB 3G iPhone off Gumtree in London. I bought it and he showed it working etc but I never asked about the phone functions...

And basically when I got it back I found that the phone didn't work and always said "No Service".

I tried phoning him but he never responded.

So thus I believe that the IMEI number has been blocked, so I think he has put an insurance claim on it and got another one for free. I think this because it has the box and accessories etc..

So basically everything works perfectly except the phone functions so it is pretty much a glorified 16GB iPod touch.

Would I be allowed to put this on Ebay if I stated the exact truth or does the iPhone need to stop with me?

I've seen very similar iPhones with "No Service" being sold happily on Ebay, they just state it as faulty and give no details. I guess the people buying them are just using them for spares.

I just want to check the legalities of this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

5 Comments

There is a good chance it's stolen.........if so and you sell it then you could end up in trouble.

Contact o2 and see if you can find out it's history with the imei number.

you can use any phone outside the uk, when the imei is blocked so it still has selling potential

do as sy said and check the history of the imei with o2

faevilangel;4956528

you can use any phone outside the uk, when the imei is blocked so it … you can use any phone outside the uk, when the imei is blocked so it still has selling potentialdo as sy said and check the history of the imei with o2

Glad to see you are still with us Faev.............feeling any better mate?

i thought only me gets ripped off all the time, but there are many other peoples as well!!

i bought nokia n95 8gb chinese version and still its in my drawer, really rubbish phone, as i have been told that its orijinal and paid 150 pounds for it.

i travel so i wll take it

Mod edit: Phone number removed. Please read the forum rules before posting.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764104
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?1227
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846128
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861844

See more discussions