Expired

Selling an iphone to carphone warehouse?

Found 16th Jun 2012
As i've now got an S3 i'm thinking of just selling my iphone to the carphone warehouse as they give you £250 for just the phone, has anyone ever done this with them and how quick do they pay?
I know there are other places that do this, but i'm not sure how reliable they are and obviously there is a bit of trust with a big firm like carphone warehouse.
Anybody used anyone esle and did you get a better price?
It' a 32gb iphone 4 by the way

13 Comments

Having checked sellmymobile.com it looks like £250 is the best price you can get by trading in. Depending, on the CPW store you go to, they should just add the £250 to your Debit Card there and then - see thread below:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/fs-iphone-4-16gb-black-orange-jailbroken-1242394?page=2

I did it the other day with my 16gb firstly it depends which store you go to, I tried 3 before they would actually do it. The first offered me £250 exchange I said I wanted cash they said it would have to sent away for testing and would take 5-6 days.the second shop I tried said they don't do it, but directed me to a third store that do.

They just turn the phone on and do a IMEI check then you just insert your bank card, put your pin in. I had the money in my account the next day

Seem's strange they offer the same amount for a 32gb as they do a 16gb. I checked as i have my 32gb to sell. Im quite tempted, £250 ain't bad for something laid doing nowt.

Done this the other day with my iPhone 4 16gb took imei and then put £250 on my debit card as a refund I have a feeling this price might not last long as Tesco trade in and other places I've seen offer just over £100 so seems like a good deal at carphonewarehouse!

Original Poster

I'm not going instore to do it as we don't have one, they just send you a prepaid envelope, and you send it off to them, obviously i'm going to use special delivery, the price of £250 is guaranteed for 14 days after you register
I think I'm going to use them then as you won't get much more trying to sell private, and there's no hassle either

how much do you think they would give for the iphone 4 8gb black?
My friend is at least lookibg for 250

one hundred million billion pounds

Sammy7. Your friend must think he has an iPhone 4S 32gb as he is atleast £100 over its worth in his estimation and about £150 over what he would get from someone like carphone warehouse.

bigtam1

Done this the other day with my iPhone 4 16gb took imei and then put £250 … Done this the other day with my iPhone 4 16gb took imei and then put £250 on my debit card as a refund I have a feeling this price might not last long as Tesco trade in and other places I've seen offer just over £100 so seems like a good deal at carphonewarehouse!

How long did it take for the money to go onto your card?

Just need some advice as i'm getting a bit concerned. i traded in my i-phone 4 today 22nd July at the carphone warehouse and got a trade in value of £109, they told me to put my card into there card machine and the money would get transfered into my account, i didnt have to enter my pin or anything. I was checking my bank all night and nothing has gone in and when i rang the bank in the morning there was nothing on there system about any money waiting to go into my account. anyone had a experience like this? or any advice would be gratefull.

Original Poster

I might be wrong but I'm sure you would have to put a pin in for any transaction on the card, I take it you got a receipt?

I traded my phone in for £63, credited by bank account by putting my debit card in machine. This was yesterday and checked bank today and still no sign of the money. Not happy. Anyone else have this problem

I believe that it can take up to 3 days for transferred money to appear in your bank account - not quite sure why this is, but I would have thought they would have explained this to you in the store?

I had a quick look the other day at trading in my nexus 4 and they now have a page on their website to find out how much you can sell your phone for (http://sellmyphone.carphonewarehouse.com), and also have some deals that seem to change quite a lot (http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/tradeinpromo).

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.