Groups

selling an item with a minimum price

Banned
    Hi I may have an iPhone 6 for sale and I was wondering if it's ok to offer it here with a minimum price with the opportunity for people to offer over and above the price. Would that be ok?

9 Comments

Nope. You have to set a price - otherwise you have people effectively bidding, which continually (and unfairly) bumps your thread above others.

That's my understanding anyway. Besides, if you state the minimum you'd accept, why would anyone offer more? They could all just offer your minimum and you'd be left to choose a buyer anyway.

worst still now you have asked this people will offer less than what you put.

You now can't list it on hukd until 7 days after this thread is closed

miikeyblue

Nope. You have to set a price - otherwise you have people effectively … Nope. You have to set a price - otherwise you have people effectively bidding, which continually (and unfairly) bumps your thread above others.That's my understanding anyway. Besides, if you state the minimum you'd accept, why would anyone offer more? They could all just offer your minimum and you'd be left to choose a buyer anyway.

"Besides, if you state the minimum you'd accept, why would anyone offer more? "

Is that not the whole concept of an auction, people offer more as there is demand for the item from more than one person.

If u want an auction type scenario, you should put it on Facebook or Gumtree and as for "offers over..."

no it wouldn't

Original Poster Banned

Thanks everyone. When I'm ready I'll just be looking for a similar price That I can achieve by sending it to one of the many online companies that exist.
    Edited by: "cchopps" 6th Oct 2016

Original Poster Banned

ibblackberry1

"Besides, if you state the minimum you'd accept, why would anyone offer … "Besides, if you state the minimum you'd accept, why would anyone offer more? "Is that not the whole concept of an auction, people offer more as there is demand for the item from more than one person.If u want an auction type scenario, you should put it on Facebook or Gumtree and as for "offers over..."

Well if I wanted a minimum price to at least what I can achieve by sending it to an online buyer of phones I think it stands to reason that someone might be interested in paying more than that.
    Edited by: "cchopps" 6th Oct 2016

you must set the price you will accept and be prepared to go lower - this is not an auction forum !!

Also probably best to read the FS/FT rules first !!

hotukdeals.com/for…243

EliTom

Edited by: "elitom" 6th Oct 2016

Banned

'' I was wondering if it's ok to offer it here with a minimum price with the opportunity for people to offer over and above the price.''

Can't make sense of this no matter how many times I read it. What an odd thing to say.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?33
      2. Nike Apple Watch 42mm23
      3. Help choosing an Android box please.55
      4. Virgin Media - what is a good price?11

See more discussions