Selling Chromecast Ultra

Posted 19th Sep
Hey guys,

So this is probably a bit random, but I'm kind of lost these days since the HUKD buying/selling section disappeared, so I'm after some advice from you lovely people.

I've got 2 unopened Chromecast Ultras that I want to try and sell, but I'm not really sure where the best place to sell that kind of thing is these days? I know there's fleabay, but I've had one too many bad experiences on there, so I'd really rather avoid it if possible. And then there's CEX, but what are people's experiences like with them? And what they offer seems a little on the low side.

Anyway it's probably a daft question, but where are the best places to sell this kind of thing nowadays?

thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Facebook marketplace
If you are happy to meet-up with the relevant person Gumtree works for me. Just remember NOT to list your phone number in the ad and DO NOT accept Paypal for payment.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 19th Sep
scaffolder19/09/2019 19:16

Facebook marketplace

Ahh yes! Completely forgot about that. I'm very out of the loop with the social world
SUMMONER19/09/2019 19:18

If you are happy to meet-up with the relevant person Gumtree works for me. …If you are happy to meet-up with the relevant person Gumtree works for me. Just remember NOT to list your phone number in the ad and DO NOT accept Paypal for payment.

Out of curiosity why not list a phone number?
Jordztar19/09/2019 19:23

Because you get people scam texting you, they want to pay by bank transfer or Paypal and wantyou to send the item as they can’t collect because they’re housebound etc. You agree, they then text that they’ve paid you and provide a fake bank confirmation, you send the item and never get paid and they disappear.
Jordztar19/09/2019 19:23

Loads of SPAM calls afterwards (PPI, accident compensation claim etc). I no longer give my number until price/day & time of meet-up has been agreed with the buyer.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 19th Sep
SUMMONER19/09/2019 19:18

If you are happy to meet-up with the relevant person Gumtree works for me. …If you are happy to meet-up with the relevant person Gumtree works for me. Just remember NOT to list your phone number in the ad and DO NOT accept Paypal for payment.

Yeah I'm happy to meet up with someone, it's just my understanding of Gumtree was that it was full of people out to try and scam you. I'm pretty wise to that sort of thing in general, it's just the hassle that's all. Out of interest, why not accept PayPal? I always thought it was one of the safest ways to accept a payment?
Because they can do a charge back, claiming they never the received goods. Again they send you a fake PayPal confirmation thinking you’ll take it at face value rather than actually checking your account.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 19th Sep
Toptrumpet19/09/2019 19:28

Because you get people scam texting you, they want to pay by bank transfer …Because you get people scam texting you, they want to pay by bank transfer or Paypal and wantyou to send the item as they can’t collect because they’re housebound etc. You agree, they then text that they’ve paid you and provide a fake bank confirmation, you send the item and never get paid and they disappear.

SUMMONER19/09/2019 19:29

Loads of SPAM calls afterwards (PPI, accident compensation claim etc). I …Loads of SPAM calls afterwards (PPI, accident compensation claim etc). I no longer give my number until price/day & time of meet-up has been agreed with the buyer.

welshy1219/09/2019 19:44

Yeah I'm happy to meet up with someone, it's just my understanding of …Yeah I'm happy to meet up with someone, it's just my understanding of Gumtree was that it was full of people out to try and scam you. I'm pretty wise to that sort of thing in general, it's just the hassle that's all. Out of interest, why not accept PayPal? I always thought it was one of the safest ways to accept a payment?

anyone who lives tend to avoid issues by having around 5-10 telephone numbers
avforums.com/for…38/
Expect to send before payment, very good feedback only.
Or just sell to CEX and avoid all these issues. Sometimes it is just better to take a slightly lower price knowing you aren’t taking on the risks and hassle.
I use FB Marketplace, Shpock, and very occasionally Gumtree. Deal with cash on collection/bank transfer only, safest ways.

CeX are also a good option but only if they are buying at a fair price compared to the amount you'd get when selling privately. You will get cash same/next day in store as long as you bring ID or membership, no time wasting.
Edited by: "jamie15" 20th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants