selling ebay items to people overseas

hi guys i have an item for sale on ebay and a guy from portugal has asked if he can buy it, i was wondering if i sell it to him and he pays through paypal, will i be protected in any way, or shall i just not bother?

7 Comments

oh just look through the site for threads on paypal? if it is a high value item i wouldnt bother...but if it is someone with lots of feedback and a registered paypal address then yes, I have sold plenty abroad-no problems.

same here - no problems - if its quite an expensive item send it airsure - charging him for postage - if he wants it he will pay postage!!:thumbsup:

I have never had a problem sending to Europe. Airmail doesn't cost that much more than First Class, although Airsure it if its valuable.
Plus you can hie up the price a bit for your trouble :thumbsup:

as long as he has feedback and doesnt want you to send to his granny in nigeria? lol

Check the person's feedback. Is it good and does it look legit? Also is this item of high value? If so as far as I'm aware you will only be covered should anything go wrong if he has a confirmed address. Also never accept offers outside of Ebay otherwise you will not be covered should a problem arise. Also ALWAYS post via trackable means so you have proof of sending.
I had huge problems with a seller in Spain so I speak from experience.
If in doubt say no, sometimes it's the most hassle free option.

scrutters;2544452

Check the person's feedback. Is it good and does it look legit? Also is … Check the person's feedback. Is it good and does it look legit? Also is this item of high value? If so as far as I'm aware you will only be covered should anything go wrong if he has a confirmed address. Also never accept offers outside of Ebay otherwise you will not be covered should a problem arise. Also ALWAYS post via trackable means so you have proof of sending.I had huge problems with a seller in Spain so I speak from experience.If in doubt say no, sometimes it's the most hassle free option.

once you have been bitten you are more careful!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanx for all your help guys much appreciated rep given
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions