Selling items

Posted 1st Nov
Hi all.
I've been selling on Facebook Marketplace for the past couple of years but have never received many sales despite my competitive prices.
I'd tend to stick to Ebay's way of using PayPal and couriers rather than having people collect items which may be why I don't get many sales.

Any tips on how I could start getting stuff selling? I have considered Facebay's but again, people seem to prefer collection as 'they're only a few miles away' whereas I'd prefer to sell the proper way!

I have also considered Ebay, mainly because of the £1 final fees offers which is something I could move in to though there's a lot to Ebay/PayPal (in terms of rules) and I heard sellers don't get treated very well in disputes!

Any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Just start and see how it goes.
Take decent photos, good detailed description and post items quickly.
I'd recommend eBay, I sell millions with them for work but also sell smaller items personally and it's just an easy way to sell stuff if you don't want people coming around. I would suggest you stick to items worth over £10 but if you've got the time then no reason not to go lower especially when the have their free listing promos. That said I buy most stuff from Facebook as I like to just go and pick it up.
I was a member of eBay for years. I had 20 items listed above standard sellers account ect and they suspended my account for no reason.They wanted proof of purchase of all my items even though half the items were pre owned or old reconditioned parts. Could really do with it back as it was a good warmer
JizzKid01/11/2019 22:31

I was a member of eBay for years. I had 20 items listed above standard …I was a member of eBay for years. I had 20 items listed above standard sellers account ect and they suspended my account for no reason.They wanted proof of purchase of all my items even though half the items were pre owned or old reconditioned parts. Could really do with it back as it was a good warmer

Once Ebay suspend you there's little you can do to get your account reinstated, The jokers at ebay suspended my account and even after posting to them the original Carphone warehouse receipts for the items in question I was selling they refused to re instate my 100% positive feedback account that had over 900 hundred happy purchases.
And to rub salt into the wounds they never even sent all the original receipt documents back to me that I sent them.
I ended up having to create a new account that is now back into the 800's of 100% positive feedbacks.
OP why do you prefer to not let people collect??
I would always prefer people to collect and pay cash if possible so I can avoid all the fake Paypal and Ebay scams.
porsche911turbo02/11/2019 04:19

OP why do you prefer to not let people collect??I would always prefer …OP why do you prefer to not let people collect??I would always prefer people to collect and pay cash if possible so I can avoid all the fake Paypal and Ebay scams.

I've had far too many people say they'll collect and they don't on Marketplace.
porsche911turbo02/11/2019 04:08

Once Ebay suspend you there's little you can do to get your account …Once Ebay suspend you there's little you can do to get your account reinstated, The jokers at ebay suspended my account and even after posting to them the original Carphone warehouse receipts for the items in question I was selling they refused to re instate my 100% positive feedback account that had over 900 hundred happy purchases.And to rub salt into the wounds they never even sent all the original receipt documents back to me that I sent them.I ended up having to create a new account that is now back into the 800's of 100% positive feedbacks.

I know it’s a joke. Was doing well on my eBay. Over £3000 worth of sales then they just suspended for a very unfair reason. I’ve had a look online and this seems a common thing that they do unfortunately
Toxiic02/11/2019 07:46

I've had far too many people say they'll collect and they don't on …I've had far too many people say they'll collect and they don't on Marketplace.

I stopped giving address out in preference to meeting in public. Weeds out silly window shoppers and touch wood 100% shows!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants