Selling Mobile on Ebay

Found 28th Dec 2017
Just wondering the safest way to wipe your phone when you go about selling it on Ebay and the best option of sending the phone? To anyone that has done this before. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskMobile
6 Comments
Factory reset in settings, should wipe everything apart from the operating system.

Royal mail special delivery.

Also, I usually sell on gumtree or Facebook as eBay fees are too much although you do get a bigger audience. Depends how popular/desirable the phone is...
Edited by: "theshadowman" 28th Dec 2017
Take a note of the imei and state that you've done so in the listing, that should weed out the scammers who claim the phone is broken and send you a different one back.
The last ipone I sold on Ebay the buyer was refunded after a month as he said it was faulty, I lost the case and ebay took the money from my account.

The phone had no fault and my son is now using it.

I also lost out on postage both ways as ebay took that from me also.

I will never sell a phone on ebay again.
Yup, far to many stories of people losing out on eBay, stick it on Gumtree as cash on collection. There is no 100% safe way to sell on eBay.
Original Poster
Thanks guys appreciate it. I was worried to begin with so ill stick to gumtree or just trading it in.
Nutterz3219 m ago

Thanks guys appreciate it. I was worried to begin with so ill stick to …Thanks guys appreciate it. I was worried to begin with so ill stick to gumtree or just trading it in.

Another vote for Gumtree or Facebook selling pages.

Search on CEX website for your same handset, this will give you an indication of what they would give you cash or credit for it, happy with that? trade it in to them, remember and take ID.

Also search GT/FB, see what others are asking for same model in similar condition, unlocked/network etc.

Your previous CEX search will also tell you what CEX are selling the same for.

Use this info as a gauge as to what to advertise it for, bear in mind most folk will haggle on these selling pages...

What model is it, network etc....?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants