Selling mobile phones??

Posted 26th Dec 2019
I’ve always gave old phones to kids or family, or wood on Facebook/eBay but can’t be bothered with the hassle so gonna use someone like music magpie, is there any of these companies that give you the advertised price and quickly?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

25 Comments
Why would you like to sell you phone? Is there any issue?
Envirophone...Mazuma...Asda ( not sure they still do this?)
Music magpie are a bit greedy TBH
Mackenzie3326/12/2019 16:11

Why would you like to sell you phone? Is there any issue?

There both perfect iPhone 7s but replaced them for Christmas
Me.really26/12/2019 16:11

Envirophone...Mazuma...Asda ( not sure they still do this?)Music magpie …Envirophone...Mazuma...Asda ( not sure they still do this?)Music magpie are a bit greedy TBH

I’ve heard mm can be sneaky and change the price quoted once they receive phone. I can’t be bothered with asking for phones back if they did that so would lose out.
i used to sell my old mobile phones to mazuma and they are very fast payer and reliable. i stopped selling to them as i found music magpie pay better. i have had decent service from music magpie so i haven't had the experience of the phones being down graded like some people have stated.
I’ve used Game for my last 2 they offered the best price
alison19726/12/2019 16:47

I’ve used Game for my last 2 they offered the best price

Do they offer the same in store as on line, their online price is pretty good but I’d prefer in store but they don’t show in store price
toonsquirel26/12/2019 16:55

Do they offer the same in store as on line, their online price is pretty …Do they offer the same in store as on line, their online price is pretty good but I’d prefer in store but they don’t show in store price

The in store price tends to be the same asking as it’s in the right condition
Arto26/12/2019 17:01

The in store price tends to be the same asking as it’s in the right c …The in store price tends to be the same asking as it’s in the right condition

Yeah perfect condition so I’ll give them a try, eBay worries me with buyer lying and selling in Facebook means people coming to the house and I can’t be bothered with all that.
toonsquirel26/12/2019 17:04

Yeah perfect condition so I’ll give them a try, eBay worries me with buyer …Yeah perfect condition so I’ll give them a try, eBay worries me with buyer lying and selling in Facebook means people coming to the house and I can’t be bothered with all that.

Always better and easier to go into a store as you don’t have to wait and get the cash straight away. You might have to wait around for about half hour so they can do all the checks though
Cex, cash converters, cash generator and sometimes your local phone repair shop will take them as well.
gill2126/12/2019 17:07

Cex, cash converters, cash generator and sometimes your local phone repair …Cex, cash converters, cash generator and sometimes your local phone repair shop will take them as well.

Cex give you a really low offer these days, they are rubbish compared to what they were years ago
Out of curiosity, what do you have and what were you hoping to get for them? I am wondering as I’m looking for a 2nd hand iPhone for my mum as an upgrade from her 5s, so keen to know what the 7’s achieve price wise. I’d maybe offer to buy one from you, depending on price and condition, but not sure if that’s allowed on here.
Diggsy26/12/2019 19:30

Out of curiosity, what do you have and what were you hoping to get for …Out of curiosity, what do you have and what were you hoping to get for them? I am wondering as I’m looking for a 2nd hand iPhone for my mum as an upgrade from her 5s, so keen to know what the 7’s achieve price wise. I’d maybe offer to buy one from you, depending on price and condition, but not sure if that’s allowed on here.

I dunno if it’s allowed but I’ve 2x iPhone 7s. Both unlocked and both had batteries replaced from Apple so on 97-98% battery health. 1st is black 128gb perfect condition no marks anywhere. 2nd is rose gold 32gb which has little mark on corner of phone but front and back both immaculate. Both come in original box as week. 128gb looking for £140 and 32gb £125. This is £5 more than game offer for fair condition phones.
toonsquirel26/12/2019 19:38

I dunno if it’s allowed but I’ve 2x iPhone 7s. Both unlocked and both had b …I dunno if it’s allowed but I’ve 2x iPhone 7s. Both unlocked and both had batteries replaced from Apple so on 97-98% battery health. 1st is black 128gb perfect condition no marks anywhere. 2nd is rose gold 32gb which has little mark on corner of phone but front and back both immaculate. Both come in original box as week. 128gb looking for £140 and 32gb £125. This is £5 more than game offer for fair condition phones.

Sounds like very fair pricing to me
Was going to send you a PM, but you have them disabled. If a mod can confirm if you’re allowed to sell a phone through here I would certainly be interested.
Diggsy26/12/2019 19:58

Was going to send you a PM, but you have them disabled. If a mod can …Was going to send you a PM, but you have them disabled. If a mod can confirm if you’re allowed to sell a phone through here I would certainly be interested.

I’ve not got messages disabled? I can put them on gumtree or whatever s you can see them, I’d put them on ebay but with eBay and PayPal fees it’s be more expensive. Unless we have a £1 selling fees coming up? I don’t want to put on eBay for random strangers but would put it on for someone genuine on here like yourself.
When I pressed send, it stated that you had private messaging disabled or something like that?
Gumtree is full of bloody scammers, you’d be tortured!! I’d be happy to wait for £1 eBay fees for your benefit, but if you need the money sharper than that, then feel free to sell them to O2/Game or whatever, I would totally understand that. Would just like to buy a 2nd hand phone from someone/where trustworthy, as like you say, random strangers are a big no-no for me. Sure let me know what suits you, and thanks for updating me with pricing etc, really appreciate it.
Diggsy26/12/2019 20:08

When I pressed send, it stated that you had private messaging disabled or …When I pressed send, it stated that you had private messaging disabled or something like that?Gumtree is full of bloody scammers, you’d be tortured!! I’d be happy to wait for £1 eBay fees for your benefit, but if you need the money sharper than that, then feel free to sell them to O2/Game or whatever, I would totally understand that. Would just like to buy a 2nd hand phone from someone/where trustworthy, as like you say, random strangers are a big no-no for me. Sure let me know what suits you, and thanks for updating me with pricing etc, really appreciate it.

Well I love in rural area of Scotland but going to see family in Newcastle next week and it’s down there I’d be selling them so I’ll keep you updated and watch for £1 ebay. Unless you live between Dumfries and Newcastle
afraid not! No worries, keep me posted and I’ll keep fingers crossed for the £1 eBay fees again!!
toonsquirel26/12/2019 19:38

I dunno if it’s allowed but I’ve 2x iPhone 7s. Both unlocked and both had b …I dunno if it’s allowed but I’ve 2x iPhone 7s. Both unlocked and both had batteries replaced from Apple so on 97-98% battery health. 1st is black 128gb perfect condition no marks anywhere. 2nd is rose gold 32gb which has little mark on corner of phone but front and back both immaculate. Both come in original box as week. 128gb looking for £140 and 32gb £125. This is £5 more than game offer for fair condition phones.

I've sold 4 phones to music magpie lately and they've paid out full price on them all.

You can use code 5more for £5 extra and if you click the claim extra £5 and enter an email address of somebody who has used them before you get another £5 (create a new account for each phone) you would get £140 and £130.

I preferred selling to them personally as once they send you the money that's it. No chance of disputes etc and no eBay/PayPal fees. Also no need to send chargers etc so if you have new iPhones you will have spares.
toonsquirel26/12/2019 20:49

Well I love in rural area of Scotland but going to see family in Newcastle …Well I love in rural area of Scotland but going to see family in Newcastle next week and it’s down there I’d be selling them so I’ll keep you updated and watch for £1 ebay. Unless you live between Dumfries and Newcastle

Dint take them to Newcastle they will be pinched and sold for drink and drugs
Just sold mine to o2 and they paid price as well as postage and insurance. Same price as all others but had bad experience with music magpie and mazuma previously. One got lost in post and didn’t get full price through insurance and other said screen damaged and I had to pay postage to get it returned even though nothing wrong with it.
toonsquirel26/12/2019 20:04

I’ve not got messages disabled? I can put them on gumtree or whatever s y …I’ve not got messages disabled? I can put them on gumtree or whatever s you can see them, I’d put them on ebay but with eBay and PayPal fees it’s be more expensive. Unless we have a £1 selling fees coming up? I don’t want to put on eBay for random strangers but would put it on for someone genuine on here like yourself.

Looks like £1 selling fees on eBay until 6th if you still wanted to sell a phone that way
Traded 1 in at game and the other I’ve forgotten the restriction passcode on the other so stuck with that one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants