Found 8th Dec 2009
Where is thes best place to sell a moped?

My CBT runs out in Feb and I use my mums car so there is no need to keep it.

Was thinking an advert in college, supermarkets (do people still look there?) and not sure where else...

Paper is £50 for 3 days and I dont really like Ebay.

Any Ideas?

Cheers
James

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

You could post it on here with pics

gumtree, local shop windows,local bike shop windows.

Original Poster

Yeah I will stick it on here tomorrow when i can get pictures sorted out in the light.

Does gumtree get much traffic? Will give it a go anyway, looks as if its free?

Cheers
james

I think the AD-Trader paper is free...

but of course i could be wrong :whistling:

James...;7158254

Yeah I will stick it on here tomorrow when i can get pictures sorted out … Yeah I will stick it on here tomorrow when i can get pictures sorted out in the light.Does gumtree get much traffic? Will give it a go anyway, looks as if its free?Cheersjames

You can't list here for another week.

DragonChris;7158587

You can't list here for another week.

I've read that before. I don't have a problem with it, but what's the reasoning behind it?

Penny Saver;7158623

I've read that before. I don't have a problem with it, but what's the … I've read that before. I don't have a problem with it, but what's the reasoning behind it?

Its because the original thread talking about the item is seen as drumming up trade, and giving the FS/FT thread on it an unfair advantage, as it has already been 'advertised', if that makes sense

Original Poster

Will have a look at ad trader too then thanks, will stick it up from oxford when I home from Oxford next Thursday then, hopefully comfident of a University offer haha! Bit of a strange rule but oh well...

hi put it on pistonheads its free, gumtree is good sold bikes on there and its also free

Heads up info....ADMAG If thats in your area.. Should be cheap. Or jump in & trust the fleabay & list as a wheelnut for sale and further describe the moped for sale to make the fees cheaper as you are listing a part and not the moped, trust me people do do that sort of thing on there.

Example i.e ... Peugeot Speedfighter Wheelnut ... Full Tax And Test... The Winning Bidder Will Recieve The Wheelnut Along With A Errr Ermm Free Moped
Start your bidding price at the price you want for the moped
OR list as " DO NOT BID....Contact ******** " The winning bidder will recieve a wheelnut if they bid.

bassman_uk;7158684

Its because the original thread talking about the item is seen as … Its because the original thread talking about the item is seen as drumming up trade, and giving the FS/FT thread on it an unfair advantage, as it has already been 'advertised', if that makes sense

Thanks for the info. Good to know, makes sense I guess
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Charge Back From A Betting Account11
    2. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted34
    3. Want to sell on DLC ebay22
    4. Switch from BT to BT same property different person514

See more discussions