Found 24th Jul 2007
I've only had my PC for about six months but I'm selling it as getting a better one (something I do regularly).

As it's still under warranty, I'm looking for a plus point on Ebay being that it's still got 6 months warranty on it. I'm also looking to sell the monitor, but separately.

Do Dell allow this? I know they can't do anything if I want to sell it, but can I transfer the warranty to someone else? What if it's effectively two warranty transfers, one for the unit and one for the monitor? Is it going to cause any problems?

Thanks to anyone who can give any info.

1 Comment

I work in IT & all our equipment is made by/ordered from Dell.

All of our PCs/monitors get mixed up and swapped around, but I've found that if you have a problem, just call their tech support & give them the service tag of the item and they'll work out the warranty left on it from their records.

The only thing I'd suggest is passing on your details to the new owners, as they may ask some security questions (ie who owns the PC & which address it's registered to)

I've never had a problem with any item being repaired etc this way if that helps at all?

As far as transferring th warranty(ies) over, you can either email Dell's customer support (see link below) or telephone them 0870 906 0010

support.euro.dell.com/sup…b=2

If anyone has a contact at Dell then please confirm, as I'm only speaking from personal experience!

EDIT :- It seems they will transfer the warranty if requested, as I found this link (To their USA site though,rather than UK)

dell.com/con…dhs

Best bet is to call Dell & confirm this though!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66709
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions