Selling old video game.

Posted 3rd Feb
Hi
i have a copy of Halo 2, steelbook, collectors limited edition.
still factory sealed and even the Cellophane is uncreased.
I see some decent values on thiefbay and its even advertised in the States for around £150 .
anyone have any ideas where I could get an accurate valuation and somewhere I could sell it to apart from CEX and EBay
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
It's probably not going to be worth as much as you think. There are many used copies of it on eBay from £11 to £25 and a sealed copy for £125 but just because one is listed at that price it doesn't mean that anyone is actually going to buy it for that amount. Games are only worth as much as anyone weants to pay for them, you can use eBay's Completed Listings function to get an idea of what things have gone for. The best thing that you can do is put it on eBay for what you think it might be worth with a Best Offer option and then you'll soon see if it attracts much interest.
7 Comments
It's probably not going to be worth as much as you think. There are many used copies of it on eBay from £11 to £25 and a sealed copy for £125 but just because one is listed at that price it doesn't mean that anyone is actually going to buy it for that amount. Games are only worth as much as anyone weants to pay for them, you can use eBay's Completed Listings function to get an idea of what things have gone for. The best thing that you can do is put it on eBay for what you think it might be worth with a Best Offer option and then you'll soon see if it attracts much interest.
Understand what you’re saying but not going to sell it on eBay. Wondered if there is a reputable company that would appraise and buy it
watchcote03/02/2020 19:42

Understand what you’re saying but not going to sell it on eBay. Wondered i …Understand what you’re saying but not going to sell it on eBay. Wondered if there is a reputable company that would appraise and buy it

No, it's just an old Xbox game, it's nothing that special. You can either sell it yourself or take it to CEX, that's pretty much it.
deleted1175484
You could find somewhere that grades it like the comics do HOWEVER nearly every outlet says that’s pointless. You seem to be thinking because it’s unopened etc makes it valuable. How many did they make? Was it limited in a specific country? Does it have a number out of how many copies? As already said it’s worth what someone wants to pay, find someone who collects halo or sealed video games.
Edited by: "deleted1175484" 3rd Feb
Haircut_10003/02/2020 19:40

It's probably not going to be worth as much as you think. There are many …It's probably not going to be worth as much as you think. There are many used copies of it on eBay from £11 to £25 and a sealed copy for £125 but just because one is listed at that price it doesn't mean that anyone is actually going to buy it for that amount. Games are only worth as much as anyone weants to pay for them, you can use eBay's Completed Listings function to get an idea of what things have gone for. The best thing that you can do is put it on eBay for what you think it might be worth with a Best Offer option and then you'll soon see if it attracts much interest.

The fact it is still available at a listed price is perhaps an indication that it is a) not as sought after as anticipated, b) priced too high by the seller, &/or c) not listed at a time any interested parties (using eBay) are looking to buy it.

I was an active seller via eBay many years ago. I often found that luck & timing played a large part in the selling of particularly rare items; listing an item that somebody was looking for within the same time period was the key to maximising profit or selling the item at any price.

Further to a discussion (between a few members) regarding how something may be considered "overpriced" in a recent "Deals" thread, perhaps I better not introduce definitions of value versus worth versus price (cost) here
Plenty on eBay, one as low as £69 - see if any of them sell to get an idea what it’s ‘worth’.
It's available/playable on two other consoles. It's not particularly rare. Even if it is a collector's edition. Is Halo even that popular still?

Unless you're desperate for cash, you might be better off waiting a few more years. You're unlikely to get a good price on it now.
Edited by: "ra786" 4th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants