EXPIRED

SELLING ON E BAY

I'm selling an unopened brand new copy of fifa 17. How do I protect myself from the buyer saying he didn't receive the item? as I'm selling it for 20 quid I dont want it quibbles later it's worth more. I've sent once before but the seller claimed the money and the item. ALSO The items to be shipped to isreal? The buyer suggests it won't cost extra atall ? I'm a bit dubious altogether how to stay protected. I would withdraw but GAME offered me 10er it's still in official ps4 shrink wrap!

any help would be appreciated

43 Comments

Send it signed delivery

Trackable mail and take a pic of it before mailing-still wont be 100% scam proof.

Original Poster

philseery

Send it signed delivery

​how much does this cost as ad have to mess with the postage price yes?

Original Poster

thanks of its signed for they surely can't quibble ?

lindus

how much does this cost as ad have to mess with the postage price yes?

royalmail.com/pri…der

Add £1.10 to the price.

Also, consider that for low-vale items yo can protect yourself with just a (free) proof of postage - in case of non-receipt, you can claim the loss back from Royal Mail.

For future reference when you are sending anything off, even if it is by 2nd class post ask for proof of postage, this is different to proof of delivery and is free and comes on a reciept when you send off your item at the post office.

Then if someone claims they did not receive an item you can claim your money back for the value of the item from the royal mail, all they will ask is a picture of the proof of postage, messages from the buyer saying they didn't receive the item and the value from a PayPal screenshot.

Original Poster

thanks buddy you have gave me the whole idea and how to. Eternally greatfull. If I get this sold today I can go check out all the 3 for 2s at GAME

Original Poster

Do you know how much they cover u for? will it be the 22.22 I asked for the game? plus postage if it dosent get there?, or will it be what the parcels actual value is? curiosity is all. I'm new to all this stuff.

lindus

how much does this cost as ad have to mess with the postage price yes?

RM "Signed For" service is about £1.10 in addition to whatever RM charge to send an item. Doesn't always mean anything in ebay terms cos the buyer could suggest that the signature simply acknowledges receipt of the game case you sent with some used bogroll inside it.

Original Poster

ps you guys are awesome for continuing advice it's very much appreciated

Original Poster

ebay refused me refund once when some neighbour that was a loony signed for my boots n stole them.

The above people are quoting for UK postage, to Israel signed for it is likely to be around £7 - £8 postage.

Original Poster

I'm aware we entirely have to trust buyers or sellerd also.... and
I'm not so comfy with trusting.

lindus

Do you know how much they cover u for? will it be the 22.22 I asked for … Do you know how much they cover u for? will it be the 22.22 I asked for the game? plus postage if it dosent get there?, or will it be what the parcels actual value is? curiosity is all. I'm new to all this stuff.

​If it is normal 1st class or 2nd class post and in the UK your cover is £20, if it gets lost they will reimburse the value and also the cost of postage.

Original Poster

I checked it at about 9.50 saying it weighed about 25 grams X)

Original Poster

Robot_Rooster

​If it is normal 1st class or 2nd class post and in the UK your cover is £ … ​If it is normal 1st class or 2nd class post and in the UK your cover is £20, if it gets lost they will reimburse the value and also the cost of postage.

​thanks very much so effectively I'd only stand to lose 2.22 and still get nearlly double games offer. many thanks to each one of you

Original Poster

HAVE A GREAT DAY

Original Poster

awk but guys it's not UK it's isreal so I don't think I will be protected?

lindus

thanks very much so effectively I'd only stand to lose 2.22 and still get … thanks very much so effectively I'd only stand to lose 2.22 and still get nearlly double games offer. many thanks to each one of you

As mentioned above, check the postage rates as it'll cost you between £7-8 to send it to Israel so any extra money you make from the sale you will lose in the postage plus a much higher chance of something going wrong in transit

parcel.royalmail.com/ord…ry/

lindus

awk but guys it's not UK it's isreal so I don't think I will be protected?

Why are you selling to Israel to begin with as a private seller?

When you list on ebay you can choose to only allow same country customers. I'd suggest you do that but it may be too late. How much did you list delivery costs as? If you put free postage you'll have to pay for postage yourself and you may as well have took the tenner from GAME.

lindus

awk but guys it's not UK it's isreal so I don't think I will be … awk but guys it's not UK it's isreal so I don't think I will be protected?

​I would ask for the extra cost in postage, if he refuses just relist. The royal mail, as far as I remember have two drastic options for international, they are economy which can take up to 30 days and standard which can take up to 5 days.

I can't recall cover but the prices are a bit OTT

Original Poster

I put up at 22.22 and 3.50 postage? the dudes tryna offer me 30 bucks to ship to him. all a bit dodgy. he was the only one that replied offering how much I actually wanted

Original Poster

alot of offers jus under. I want cash for GAME today aaarrgghhh. x

don't send it it sounds like there going to pull a fast 1 the game would be slot cheaper in Israel let alone the postage

Original Poster

chavhunter

don't send it it sounds like there going to pull a fast 1 the game would … don't send it it sounds like there going to pull a fast 1 the game would be slot cheaper in Israel let alone the postage

​thanks I kinda thot that even sed that to him. what a bloody time waster.

next time you should set up an exclusion list of countries you don't post to will avoid all of this

is it being sent through the global shipping program? if so you send it tracked to a uk address.

i did so with a parcel to italy, buyer claimed not received, i told to complain to ebay, never had any hassle as long as tracking shows delivered to the uk address its not your issue.

gumtree cash on collection, you would have gotten your £20 with messing about with post or fees

thedvdmonster

gumtree cash on collection, you would have gotten your £20 with messing … gumtree cash on collection, you would have gotten your £20 with messing about with post or fees

or the person who turns up and expects to haggle over the price gumtree can be good but its not foolproof

lindus

​thanks very much so effectively I'd only stand to lose 2.22 and still g … ​thanks very much so effectively I'd only stand to lose 2.22 and still get nearlly double games offer. many thanks to each one of you

​No. Compensation is not what you sold it for. It's what you paid for it. You would need the original receipt for the game.

Original Poster

it came free with my ps4 but I don't want fifa I don't like sport it's retailing at argos for 54.99

lindus

it came free with my ps4 but I don't want fifa I don't like sport it's … it came free with my ps4 but I don't want fifa I don't like sport it's retailing at argos for 54.99

Sell on Gumtree or somewhere else mate! Believe me selling things abroad won't end well...

Original Poster

mixmixi

Sell on Gumtree or somewhere else mate! Believe me selling things abroad … Sell on Gumtree or somewhere else mate! Believe me selling things abroad won't end well...

​ok

Original Poster

I've placed it on Gumtree same price see what happens.

mixmixi

Sell on Gumtree or somewhere else mate! Believe me selling things abroad … Sell on Gumtree or somewhere else mate! Believe me selling things abroad won't end well...

It certainly introduces complications, but it's possible to ship overseas without too much difficulty - I've done so a couple of times (niche items, so the wider market was very helpful) - once using international shipping, once via eBay's Global Shipping Program - and both worked out okay. Of course, where there's an active local market that's certainly significantly more straightforward.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 11th May

Illusionary

It certainly introduces complications, but it's possible to ship overseas … It certainly introduces complications, but it's possible to ship overseas without too much difficulty - I've done so a couple of times (niche items, so the wider market was very helpful) - once using international shipping, once via eBay's Global Shipping Program - and both worked out okay. Of course, where there's an active local market that's certainly significantly more straightforward.

I think I am a drama queen (as Buzz calls me) but I see Israel for destination as a potential place to be scammed. I may well be wrong. I have been scammed a lump sum in the past so told myself no international shipping for life.

mixmixi

I think I am a drama queen (as Buzz calls me) but I see Israel for … I think I am a drama queen (as Buzz calls me) but I see Israel for destination as a potential place to be scammed. I may well be wrong. I have been scammed a lump sum in the past so told myself no international shipping for life.

It does seem somewhat suspicious to buy an item that's generally quite readily available from an overseas eBay seller, I'd agree.

Illusionary

It does seem somewhat suspicious to buy an item that's generally quite … It does seem somewhat suspicious to buy an item that's generally quite readily available from an overseas eBay seller, I'd agree.

That's what I thought with myself too. Games are far cheaper in that corner of the planet (as you may possibly have seen how many sellers from Israel are selling games on Amazon for cheap - Bonisell is one which pretends being a US based company). So I thought the same as you do.

LizzyUK

No. Compensation is not what you sold it for. It's what you paid for it. … No. Compensation is not what you sold it for. It's what you paid for it. You would need the original receipt for the game.

that's why you tell them no offers and block the idiots who do make offers.

lindus

I've placed it on Gumtree same price see what happens.

​Have you cancelled the sale? I'd just tell him the dog chewed it or something.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
  2. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
  3. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23
  4. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?913

See more discussions