Selling on Ebay - Questions.

I am thinking about selling some junk on Ebay however i have a few questions.

If my item doesn't sell, do i still pay a fee to Ebay?
If an item does sell, how much cash do Ebay get?

Rep will be left for helpfulness.

11 Comments

Banned

you pay a listing fee and i think you pay about 3% of the sale price to ebay as well

Banned

Insertion Fees and Final Value Fees
All categories, excluding Media and Technology
Insertion Fees
Starting or Reserve Price
Insertion Fee

£0.01 - £0.99
£0.10

£1.00 - £4.99
£0.15

£5.00 - £14.99
£0.25

£15.00 - £29.99
£0.50

£30.00 - £99.99
£1.00

£100.00 or more

for multiple item listings in £100.00 or more tier
£1.30

£1.90

Final Value Fees
Final Selling Price
Final Value Fee

Item not sold
No Fee

£0.01 - £29.99
7.5% of the amount of the high bid (at the listing close for auction-style listings) up to £29.99

£30.00 - £599.99
7.5%of the initial £29.99 (£2.25), plus 4.5%of the remaining balance of the final selling price

£600.00 or more
7.5%of the initial £29.99 (£2.25), plus 4.5% of the initial £30.00 - £599.99 (£25.65), plus 1.9%of the remaining balance of the final selling price.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help.

Have you got the link to that info please?

Repped.

Dont forget your paypal fee's on top of that as you have to offer Paypal as a payment option.
Personally I dont use it anymore. Horrendous fees to pay and now the feedback system has changed there are too many scammers who get their item, complain to paypal and get refunded and then leave you neg feedback! This has happened twice to me in the past 4months where I had immaculate feedback for the previous 5years.

Ebay got greedy and ruined it.

Original Poster

ewfranciepants;2772496

Dont forget your paypal fee's on top of that as you have to offer Paypal … Dont forget your paypal fee's on top of that as you have to offer Paypal as a payment option.Personally I dont use it anymore. Horrendous fees to pay and now the feedback system has changed there are too many scammers who get their item, complain to paypal and get refunded and then leave you neg feedback! This has happened twice to me in the past 4months where I had immaculate feedback for the previous 5years.Ebay got greedy and ruined it.

I am planning on selling complete and utter junk that wouldn't get any interest on here, so Ebay is my only option really.

If I sell an item for, say, 99p. By the time I have listed it, paid final value fee's (if it sells) and paypal fee's, I may make about 20p if I have hopefully charged the correct amount for postage and packing.

Go for it, you may have some good items that start a bidding war.

Would you not be able to do a car boot and get rid that way?

Original Poster

Well i want to sell some football boots and i am sure i will get more on Ebay than at a carboot. I also want to sell some cr*p like old pound coins and peices of paper - stuff you can only sell on Ebay.

Remember also........depending on what section you sell in the listing fees are cheaper (DVD's etc) but they take a much bigger cut of the pie when it comes to Final Value Fees.

Also if a buyer messes you about you can no longer leave them negative or neutral feedback to say what a tool they are...........only positive.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice.

The JFK;2772566

Well i want to sell some football boots and i am sure i will get more on … Well i want to sell some football boots and i am sure i will get more on Ebay than at a carboot. I also want to sell some cr*p like old pound coins and peices of paper - stuff you can only sell on Ebay.

If you have some time, try listing them here and maybe someone will be interested! Never know... plus it's free to do so... so it won't hurt

I've just sold a gamecube game on ebay... finished at £2.50 total; shipping costs £1.50, ebay costs £0.25 and not sure if paypal will charge me anything... So I ended up with only £0.75 to pocket... I should've just gone to trade-in at game
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
    2. word association Game74044543
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
    4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11

See more discussions