Selling on facebook

Found 6th JunEdited by:"heather.deighton"
I sold a food mixer and lady wants a refund
It fully works, I showed lady how to use it and plugged it in. She was happy and paid.
4 days later she still admits that it is in working condition but says it's not efficient for what she wants and wants a refund.
Am I wrong to refuse the refund as I showed her it working and she still admits it works ???
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
This thread has all the ingredients of a scam.
Her story seems half baked.
I hope you're currant-ly investigating her claims and raisin a claim against her?

I'll get me coat
18 Comments
sold as seen (although this has no legal standing). it is as private sale, if you described it truthfully there is nothing she can do

citizensadvice.org.uk/Doc…pdf

tell her to ....
I think you are 100% right to refuse, it was sold as seen 'in person' so distant selling regulations dont apply.

She used it for a while and then decided she didnt like it - tough luck.
You do not, and should not have provide a personal satisfaction guarantee on a 2nd hand mixer.

Tell her you already purchased a replacement after she was happy and purchased it
If i bought something on facebook i would make sure it is efficiant for what i need. I certainly wouldnt contact the seller after purchase amd ask for a refund because its not what i wanted.

I would refuse the refund.
This thread has all the ingredients of a scam.
Her story seems half baked.
I hope you're currant-ly investigating her claims and raisin a claim against her?

I'll get me coat
Sandy101219 m ago

I think you are 100% right to refuse, it was sold as seen 'in person' so …I think you are 100% right to refuse, it was sold as seen 'in person' so distant selling regulations dont apply.She used it for a while and then decided she didnt like it - tough luck. You do not, and should not have provide a personal satisfaction guarantee on a 2nd hand mixer.Tell her you already purchased a replacement after she was happy and purchased it

It was a private sale so consumer contracts regulations wouldn't apply anyway.
Edited by: "RossD89" 6th Jun
Sounds like she didn't do enough research before making her purchase. As your a private seller you don't need to offer her anything unless you want to.

If I was you I would tell her if she no longer wants it she should sell it on as the onus is not on you to offer her anything for her mistake.
Not efficient, what on earth is she doing, Supplying the armed forces with Coleslaw?
She hasn't got a leg to stand on as she bought an item that wasn't suited to her needs, not one that was faulty. Politely tell her you didn't sell it to her "on approval" and if she is unhappy with it then her best bet is to sell it on herself.
Facebook sales either go like clock work or like this! My dear old mum bought something on Facebook by accident as she clicked interested by accident and then felt compelled to purchase it and give it to a charity shop
tallpete3313 m ago

She hasn't got a leg to stand on as she bought an item that wasn't suited …She hasn't got a leg to stand on as she bought an item that wasn't suited to her needs, not one that was faulty. Politely tell her you didn't sell it to her "on approval" and if she is unhappy with it then her best bet is to sell it on herself.

Wouldn't matter if it was faulty. OP would still be under no obligation to offer a refund.
darlodge7 m ago

Facebook sales either go like clock work or like this! My dear old mum …Facebook sales either go like clock work or like this! My dear old mum bought something on Facebook by accident as she clicked interested by accident and then felt compelled to purchase it and give it to a charity shop

Sounds like my mum
Facebook is full of scum. Hate the site
"You saw it working. You were happy with it. You paid willingly. Goodbye"
BLOCK
you are prefectly within your rights not to give a refund as she took it away and paid you so she can't have a refund just because she changes her mind. but even if it is now broken, it was working when she picked it up and second hand goods sold privately don't come with any guarantees, which is why they are cheap.
The cheek of them to ask for a refund on a used item that was tested in front of them LOL. Even if it went faulty, its her tough luck. You aren't a shop.

She has zero chance, unless you agree to it of course.

Typical facebook mentality who want everything for nothing. I honestly didn't realize this country had so many bottom dwellers, which I only really found out when I signed up to FB.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 6th Jun
May not be working now since she had it, be careful.
Tell her to sell it on Facebook to recoup her money.

Very common scam, return an identical but faulty version. Another scam is where it’s needed for a single use, they buy then use it for what they needed it for an then ask for a refund.

Say sorry no, you’ve spent it and don’t have any spare cash and that you suggest she sells it to recoup the money as it’s working.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 6th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions