Expired

Selling Rooted and Custom ROM phone to Mazuma/Envirofone/Simply Drop etc

Found 3rd Aug 2014
Getting a new phone and was going to sell my old S3 to one of those companies, but was wondering if I was required to unroot the phone and install the stock ROM, or do they not mind? I couldn't find anything in their T&C's that said anything against this.

12 Comments

orange took mine when i upgraded

More to the point I'm sure you would get more buy selling it rather than trading it in.

byazura

Getting a new phone and was going to sell my old S3 to one of those … Getting a new phone and was going to sell my old S3 to one of those companies, but was wondering if I was required to unroot the phone and install the stock ROM, or do they not mind? I couldn't find anything in their T&C's that said anything against this.

i never used stocked rom. for me np buying rooted or custom rom installed devices. only problem it is KNOX, s3 and higer spec samsung devices coming with Knox. once u install custom rom or root it will lose manufacturer guarantee and no way to put it back.
Edited by moderator: "removed fs/ft comment - not permitted" 3rd Aug 2014

GirN3

i never used stocked rom. for me np buying rooted or custom rom installed … i never used stocked rom. for me np buying rooted or custom rom installed devices. only problem it is KNOX, s3 and higer spec samsung devices coming with Knox. once u install custom rom or root it will lose manufacturer guarantee and no way to put it back.

Not necessarily correct you can root without tripping knox and the community are currently working on phones that have tripped it, clearing it back to 0x0 state, probably out by the end of the year
Edited by: "BarmyBulldog" 3rd Aug 2014

BarmyBulldog

Not necessarily correct you can root without tripping knox and the … Not necessarily correct you can root without tripping knox and the community are currently working on phones that have tripped it, clearing it back to 0x0 state, probably out by the end of the year

U can root only with towelroot and install none knox based roms to keep your knox waranty 0x0 and this is found couple months ago. My self i will not recomment using towelroot "unsecure" and if ur knox warranty already 0x1 is not posible to reset it what i know. if you have links please send me i would like to see..

GirN3

U can root only with towelroot and install none knox based roms to keep … U can root only with towelroot and install none knox based roms to keep your knox waranty 0x0 and this is found couple months ago. My self i will not recomment using towelroot "unsecure" and if ur knox warranty already 0x1 is not posible to reset it what i know. if you have links please send me i would like to see..

You can root with more options than towelroot, towelroot is just the most convenient as you don't require a pc. Like I said the modding community is working on a fix, they cracked the original knox binary and currently working on the newer standard, if you browse around on the forums like xda or android forums it's talked about a fair biy

I hope they will but I don’t think they can do that.. and yes limited s3 devices support knox even Samsung it self not possible to that i believe..
Edited by: "GirN3" 3rd Aug 2014

Take it to cex, you will get more money. Enviro and mazuma give poor prices now.

Original Poster

kester76

Take it to cex, you will get more money. Enviro and mazuma give poor … Take it to cex, you will get more money. Enviro and mazuma give poor prices now.

What is their policy on rooted/custom rom phones?

how much do you want?

Mazuma reduced the price of my Galaxy S3 by over two thirds because it was rooted. Needless to say this was rejected. Flash back to stock before sending.

May be a bit late since this was over 5 months ago.... don't think he'll have been holding onto it until you commented....

oO
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants