Groups

Selling Shares - Can I do this in Branch?

OK, am selling some shares I've had for a while and I have the certs with me. I bank with Barclays - does anyone know if I go into the main branch tomorrow, they will "buy my shares" there and then type thing?

7 Comments

Original Poster

pghstochaj;5891564

No, I don't believe so.Have a look … No, I don't believe so.Have a look here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=731365

Thanks for the info - am reading up on it now! Repped:thumbsup:

I have my shares in certs as well. I have a broker who I would sell them to. I dont know if you could walk into the branch and sell them but I doubt it. What shares are they,ie, FTSE 100,250 company?
    Barclays offer a online share dealing account stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk/ and you could ring them and sell them on the phone or open an online account, but they do charge a commision fee of £12.95 online and £17.50+ on the phone. I have an account with hoodless brennan but they are closing there online trading business and sold it to TD Waterhouse.
    Out of interest what shares are they?What price are you looking at and have you checked the recent price?

Original Poster

treble99;5891654

I have my shares in certs as well. I have a broker who I would sell them … I have my shares in certs as well. I have a broker who I would sell them to. I dont know if you could walk into the branch and sell them but I doubt it. What shares are they,ie, FTSE 100,250 company?Barclays offer a online share dealing account http://www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk/ and you could ring them and sell them on the phone or open an online account, but they do charge a commision fee of £12.95 online and £17.50+ on the phone. I have an account with hoodless brennan but they are closing there online trading business and sold it to TD Waterhouse.Out of interest what shares are they?What price are you looking at and have you checked the recent price?

Shares are with Standard Life - I could sell them via Capita on line for a fee of £15 wich is fine with me. Think they're currently around 207.50

melmorc;5891716

Shares are with Standard Life - I could sell them via Capita on line for … Shares are with Standard Life - I could sell them via Capita on line for a fee of £15 wich is fine with me. Think they're currently around 207.50

Not a bad price

Original Poster

treble99;5891780

Not a bad price

That's what i thought - especialy as got given them when i worked for them!:thumbsup:

Banned

Wrong time to be selling the market is slowly climbing.
    Hold on a while as you may regret it in the long run.:thumbsup::santa:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common1218
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…34
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio79
      4. Any Xbox One news today?2356127

See more discussions