Selling to 0 Feedback buyer on eBay. Advice needed

Found 19th Apr 2015
Just sold something on eBay to someone with 0 feedback who created an account 4 days ago. He paid instantly and sent me a question straight away when the item would be delivered.

The item sold for £110 and i'm little bit scared that this could be a scammer that you hear all over this forum.

Is there anything I can do without having to pay ebay fee's if I don't send the item. I would prefer to offer it to the second highest bidder. Can anybody advice what I can do?
Community Updates
32 Comments
ebay.co.uk/itm…312?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1587.l2649
A little bit selfish judging someone. Didn't you have 0 feedback at one point?
Everyone has to start somewhere - start worrying when you don't get paid .
can't believe you sold "Adam F & J Majik - Metrosound"

as long as you send it recorded (signed for ) usually you should be ok but its always a gamble selling anything on ebay i did it for 6 years but got fed up with the hassle and gave it up not to mention the extortionate fees
When I log into my eBay there's usually a cancel transaction button next to the sale. I don't sell to 0 feedback anymore either due to charge backs
ewwaxo

can't believe you sold "Adam F & J Majik - Metrosound":(

Haha I sold alot of my older tunes, never mixed them unfortunately.

scottydoobuy

as long as you send it recorded (signed for ) usually you should be ok … as long as you send it recorded (signed for ) usually you should be ok but its always a gamble selling anything on ebay i did it for 6 years but got fed up with the hassle and gave it up not to mention the extortionate fees

I have seen lots of horror story's where they claim it's falsely broken / damaged on arrival and paypal side with the buyer. If I offered it to the second highest bidder and gets accepted and cancel the original, would I still have to pay fee's on the original?
bhara

When I log into my eBay there's usually a cancel transaction button next … When I log into my eBay there's usually a cancel transaction button next to the sale. I don't sell to 0 feedback anymore either due to charge backs

If I cancel would I get charged fee's?

There are two options, out of stock / buyer asked to cancel. Do you have any experience of this?
kidchop

If I cancel would I get charged fee's?There are two options, out of stock … If I cancel would I get charged fee's?There are two options, out of stock / buyer asked to cancel. Do you have any experience of this?

you could do the out of stock option but you risk getting a negative feedback from buyer ,maybe just make a second chance offer anyway (i think you can still do this )and just dont send the item to the original winner wait a week or so until he starts bugging you then just say it must have got lost in the post and refund him you would be less likely to get a neg that way maybe ?
I agree with the above comments, should only worry about it if you don't get paid. Not everybody with 0 feedback would be bad person. Could be someone recently new that only just started and wants to build a good reputation. My feedback is very low (only started up a few months ago) but when I was 0 I worried people wouldn't want to do any business with me but they given me a chance to prove that I can be reliable. Done everything right and in the end they were happy. To be safe take proof of the items with photos. Perhaps time and date it too if you can. Maybe create video to show that it does work? Just for safe keeping anyway.
ewwaxo

can't believe you sold "Adam F & J Majik - Metrosound":(

scottydoobuy

as long as you send it recorded (signed for ) usually you should be ok … as long as you send it recorded (signed for ) usually you should be ok but its always a gamble selling anything on ebay i did it for 6 years but got fed up with the hassle and gave it up not to mention the extortionate fees

Just make sure the item is well packaged (document this with pictures) and send using an insured service to the correct value of your item. As long as you do this and they pay with PayPal you should be ok, everyone has to start somewhere with feedback.
yes but the price of the item would put me off sending it to 0 feedbackers. yes we all started there but now eBay/PayPal can side with buyer ( as is the norm) and refund the buyer from your account without your say so and they still keep the item. its happened with me hence why I now sell solely on preloved.
sparky111091

Just make sure the item is well packaged (document this with pictures) … Just make sure the item is well packaged (document this with pictures) and send using an insured service to the correct value of your item. As long as you do this and they pay with PayPal you should be ok, everyone has to start somewhere with feedback.

I wouldnt mind if it was for something low in value but not with £100+, would you?

carpediem99

yes but the price of the item would put me off sending it to 0 … yes but the price of the item would put me off sending it to 0 feedbackers. yes we all started there but now eBay/PayPal can side with buyer ( as is the norm) and refund the buyer from your account without your say so and they still keep the item. its happened with me hence why I now sell solely on preloved.

Oh dear. Definitely want to avoid this even if I am judging the buyer. Any advice what I can do now?
not really sure other than the "its damaged" or " no longer for sale" lines as mentioned before. however that might stop you being able to offer it to the next highest bidder. maybe just message eBay and see what they say.
Check with eBay support, who will help you to establish contact with the buyer (you'll have his details through the payment but if you go by support that way you'll have your concerns documented). Give the buyer a chance and dont assume its untoward.
Everyone has zero feedback at the beginning and the vast majority of people are honest so maybe you are worrying too much!
Some sellers put in their listings that they won’t sell to buyers with less than 5 feedbacks so consider that for the future although not sure if that’s easy to enforce; last minute bids etc.
I’ve sold a thousand pound laptop to a new buyer with no feedback and have decided to go with the flow.
I do block automatically block buyers using eBay’s tools which means people with no card linked to their account with strikes against them and only accept UK bids generally.
b11

Check with eBay support, who will help you to establish contact with the … Check with eBay support, who will help you to establish contact with the buyer (you'll have his details through the payment but if you go by support that way you'll have your concerns documented). Give the buyer a chance and dont assume its untoward.

Agharta

Everyone has zero feedback at the beginning and the vast majority of … Everyone has zero feedback at the beginning and the vast majority of people are honest so maybe you are worrying too much!Some sellers put in their listings that they won’t sell to buyers with less than 5 feedbacks so consider that for the future although not sure if that’s easy to enforce; last minute bids etc.I’ve sold a thousand pound laptop to a new buyer with no feedback and have decided to go with the flow.I do block automatically block buyers using eBay’s tools which means people with no card linked to their account with strikes against them and only accept UK bids generally.

Having a re-think about this. I will contact ebay/ paypal about the payment and how I should proceed.

On paypal it says his address is confirmed
b11

Check with eBay support, who will help you to establish contact with the … Check with eBay support, who will help you to establish contact with the buyer (you'll have his details through the payment but if you go by support that way you'll have your concerns documented). Give the buyer a chance and dont assume its untoward.

Agharta

Everyone has zero feedback at the beginning and the vast majority of … Everyone has zero feedback at the beginning and the vast majority of people are honest so maybe you are worrying too much!Some sellers put in their listings that they won’t sell to buyers with less than 5 feedbacks so consider that for the future although not sure if that’s easy to enforce; last minute bids etc.I’ve sold a thousand pound laptop to a new buyer with no feedback and have decided to go with the flow.I do block automatically block buyers using eBay’s tools which means people with no card linked to their account with strikes against them and only accept UK bids generally.

Unless there is some obvious discrepancy I think eBay will penalise you for not honouring what is in effect a contract. You are wise to speak with them if you have concerns though as it’s on the record then also.
have you put any restrictions on your listings?

like a minimum number of infractions?
ewwaxo

have you put any restrictions on your listings? like a minimum number of … have you put any restrictions on your listings? like a minimum number of infractions?

You mean a maximum number I presume!
eBay are really good if you ring them up and get advice.
They advised me on a item I was selling as I got offered £12 extra than I was selling it for so I phoned eBay for advice. They said why would a person pay the extra money as this sounds dodgy so I think you should ring eBay up and get advice. properly they may put notes on your account about this
ebay dont always go for buyer. happened to me this week. i asked for part refund didnt get it
i sold iphone to a new buyer with 0 feedback few months ago he paid via paypal but i was still bit worried and i sent the phone special delivery and had no problems though. to stop the worry though in the future when you make a listing theres an option where you can stop buyers with no feedback buying/bidding.
dont send it signed for as you won't be covered you need to send it special delivery x
do you live near them, hand delivered by you
I always put on my listing for people with less than 5 positive feedback to contact me first or their bid will be removed.

And I also has ebay restrictions set but I cant remember what too (Will likely be the toughest ones)

I know not much help for you now but keep it in mind for future listings. I know everyone has to start at 0 but I have had way too much hassle in the past.
srp111

Thats no good as u have got nothing to say he received it. Special delivery envelope is the way to go.
srp111

Never do that for Paypal payments as you have no proof of delivery. That is a scammers delight strategy.
kidchop

Just sold something on eBay to someone with 0 feedback who created … Just sold something on eBay to someone with 0 feedback who created an account 4 days ago. He paid instantly and sent me a question straight away when the item would be delivered.The item sold for £110 and i'm little bit scared that this could be a scammer that you hear all over this forum. Is there anything I can do without having to pay ebay fee's if I don't send the item. I would prefer to offer it to the second highest bidder. Can anybody advice what I can do?

hes paid whats the problem?
Please cancel and refund. This has happened to me a few times and I always lost out. It's just not worth it.
jaydog69

Please cancel and refund. This has happened to me a few times and I … Please cancel and refund. This has happened to me a few times and I always lost out. It's just not worth it.

100% agree,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants