Selling to 0 feedback eBay buyers?

Found 1st Oct 2013
So this dude wants to buy over 1k worth of goods, he has 0 feedback.

His PayPal address is verified.

Asked him for BT but he refuses, don't want him opening up an item not as described dispute and sending back bricks.

Do I risk it or just play it safe and give it a pass?
Community Updates
19 Comments
I love selling stuff on the internet to people who don't know you.

I've already sold the same homing pigeon 24 times on eBay.
I would have probably set up the listing to avoid 0 feedback in the first place!
Tami-

I would have probably set up the listing to avoid 0 feedback in the first … I would have probably set up the listing to avoid 0 feedback in the first place!

You can't do that.

It doesn't let you, only those who have negative feedback can be blocked.
What did he buy?
Would rather make a donation to the extremely looney political party. I'd contact ebay and explain the concerns. Is the address confirmed? is the ebayer a new member? Look at the valid reasons for pulling out and speak to ebay and explain your concerns. Then I'd refund payment. Its your goods your risk and you can decide what to do.

I'd also make sure that my buyer requirements are set to maximum too, although as stated 0 feedback can't be blocked but many other restrictions can be implemented.
pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml
D_G

I love selling stuff on the internet to people who don't know you.I've … I love selling stuff on the internet to people who don't know you.I've already sold the same homing pigeon 24 times on eBay.

thet made me laugh cheers and nicked for fb
I now put that buyers must have at least 5+ positive feedback before bidding, if not to contact me first. I get fed up with 0 feedback scammers

I wouldn't do it PayPal are very buyer biased. How far away are you from them?
Edited by: "lidds" 1st Oct 2013
Welcome to the UK OP.
KM4353

You can't do that. It doesn't let you, only those who have negative … You can't do that. It doesn't let you, only those who have negative feedback can be blocked.

You can! I'm sure you can select something like 5+? It's been a few months since I've sold anything there but I'm pretty sure it exists, unless I imagined it? lol.

Asked him for BT but he refuses

Rightly so, that's outside eBay guidelines.
simplyjimbo

Would rather make a donation to the extremely looney political party.

Is that Labour or the Tories or both.

I wouldn't tell you that because you'd try searching completed/sold listings.

javea

What did he buy?

Asked him for BT but he refuses

simplyjimbo

I'd contact ebay and explain the concerns. Is the address confirmed? is … I'd contact ebay and explain the concerns. Is the address confirmed? is the ebayer a new member? Look at the valid reasons for pulling out and speak to ebay and explain your concerns. Then I'd refund payment. Its your goods your risk and you can decide what to do. I'd also make sure that my buyer requirements are set to maximum too, although as stated 0 feedback can't be blocked but many other restrictions can be implemented.http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

If you look at the allowed section, it says:

These payment methods may be offered in addition to PayPal:

Bank-to-bank transfers (also known as bank wire transfers and bank cash transfers)

It's perfectly fine. I'm a TRS with over 4k feedback, if he pays he will get what he pays for. Who do you think is more likely of being the scammer, me or the dude with 0 feedback who signed up 3 days ago to buy high value goods in bulk.

I don't want him to open up a dispute then send me back something like bricks then get auto refunded by PayPal because I signed for it. It takes me about an hour to assemble each one and they're assembled on demand, I'm not going through 13+ hours work for this dude to say he wants a refund after a few days or scam me.

He's only bought one, he said he wants to buy another 13. His PayPal address is verified, he hasn't done anything wrong, so wouldn't be able to pull out.
Sell the one, then restrict the number of items a buyer can buy or block him so he can't buy anymore then make a deal with him to buy the rest cash / bank transfer based on if he likes the first one. Tell him his new account t status is the reason for being cautious
simplyjimbo

Sell the one, then restrict the number of items a buyer can buy or block … Sell the one, then restrict the number of items a buyer can buy or block him so he can't buy anymore then make a deal with him to buy the rest cash / bank transfer based on if he likes the first one. Tell him his new account t status is the reason for being cautious

That's great advice. Thanks
Setting up buyer requirements
You can specify buyer requirements to manage the types of buyers who can bid on or buy your items. Doing so reduces your exposure to buyers who might make sales difficult for you, but it also reduces the number of potential bidders and buyers for your items. You can specify buyer requirements for all your listings, or you can specify the requirements only for particular listings.

To add buyer requirements to all of your listings:
Go to the Account tab in My eBay, and select Site preferences.
Under Selling preferences, click Show next to Buyer requirements, and then click Edit.
On the Buyer Requirements page, select your buyer requirements. For example, you might not want to do business with buyers who:
Don't have a PayPal account
Have unpaid items recorded on their account
Are registered in countries you don't post to
Have reportedly breached eBay policies
Have a negative Feedback score
Are currently winning or have bought a large number of your items in the last 10 days
If you want to apply these settings to all current and future listings, tick the box next to Apply above settings to current and future listings.
If you want to prevent blocked buyers from sending you questions about your listings, make sure that the box next to Do not allow blocked buyers to contact me is ticked.
(If you do want to allow blocked buyers to contact you, clear this box.)
Click Submit to save your requirements.

Well, you've got to start somewhere. But 1k worth of goods? No way. Better make sure you send it recorded delivery so you can track the package, that you can find out if he's signed it. Or for that amount of money, deliver it there yourself!

Whatever that is you're selling, probably be best to limit how many the buyer purchases.
Edited by: "AcornGuy2012" 1st Oct 2013
List it all on here....close thread, sorted!
How far away does he live ?
I wouldnt sell something on Ebay for that price to someone with no feedback.I know we all had to start somewhere but thats too much cash to risk.
I would put your question on here forums.moneysavingexpert.com/for…=40 they give good advise so what they say there.
i wouldnt even sell items worth 1k on ebay

period
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants