Selling to CEX

Posted 26th Nov
Hi all,

I had a few items i wanted to get rid of and didnt want to take on the ebay hassle of paypal fees and potential buyer issues.

Have any of you used CEX and what are the pros/cons, is it a long process to sell items to them?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
No pretty good, only reccomend if the price is right, I find facebook marketplace is amazing for selling stuff, so easy too.

stick on there no takers after 2 weeks take to cex
I use them. It’s a free membership. It’s generally a quick process, although they can take a little while if having to test any electrical items. Always worth looking on their website for the items you are selling, as they generally have most trade and cash selling prices.
Sold a few things to them, they take forever to test things so maybes go shopping while you wait if its electrical. I sold them a brand new Vita when they first came out, then sold another a week later... the second one they graded as B, I said why? They said you brought one in last week and we want to see a receipt for an A grade, really annoyed me as they were the ones who broke the seal.
Games and Blu-rays they just look at the disc and job done.
Toon_army26/11/2019 17:11

Sold a few things to them, they take forever to test things so maybes go …Sold a few things to them, they take forever to test things so maybes go shopping while you wait if its electrical. I sold them a brand new Vita when they first came out, then sold another a week later... the second one they graded as B, I said why? They said you brought one in last week and we want to see a receipt for an A grade, really annoyed me as they were the ones who broke the seal.Games and Blu-rays they just look at the disc and job done.

And I bet they sold the vita as grade A in store. Do they actually now require a receipt for grade A?
thanks for all the replies
jg21326/11/2019 17:56

And I bet they sold the vita as grade A in store. Do they actually now …And I bet they sold the vita as grade A in store. Do they actually now require a receipt for grade A?

No mate first one they graded as an A took about half an hour to test as it was brand new and still sealed, no receipt. Second one B grade after I came back, they said because I'd sold two within a week I needed proof, maybe they thought I nicked them lol.
I've been a member with them from pretty much day one as well, selling them all kinds of stuff.
I sold an Echo Dot last year, was £34 cash on the website, I took it down about 11am they they said come back in an hour... An hour later I returned and they offered £26, I was like 'are you joking' it says £34 on your site and on the paper work! He checked and said the prices change at dinner time, I really wasnt happy and asked to speak to a manager. The manager didnt want to speak and they just gave me the £34 as a one off
Look online for price and if your happy go for it.
Downside is they offer more for voucher and it's only to be used in cex , no other store. You can then sell your voucher for 85% value on av forums which sell in few hours.
Have sold once to them and went for vouchers because they offer more! If youre looking to buy something else from them its better to take vouchers as the price you get is higher. you can use vouchers on their website too. have a look on their site to get a rough idea of the grade of your products and what they would offer you in £ or vouchers. good to get an idea before you go in store
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions